Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP: Figuring out my dog's breed (images included)

HELP: Figuring out my dog's breed (images included)

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and I'm trying to figure out what my dog's breed is. I'm sure she's a mix, and some suggestions have been border collie/terrier. She is 11 years old and I would LOVE to find another one similar to her later on. She has the sweetest and most unique personality. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what she was. Here are a few photos:

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Christine; 07-18-2006 at 03:09 PM.

She is cute! She almost looks like she has a little pit of Pomeranion in her.

she looks pom like and spanial like. I dont see ANY border collie OR terrier, I have seen and I know a LOT of BC/terriers and they dont even vaugly resemble your dog lol she is very cute though
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I agree with pomeranian and would like to add chihuahua. IMO she's way too small for a border collie. A good way to find another dog like her is on petfinder.com.
    A pom-chi is a designer breed and as you can see in this page, no two look alike, but the second to last photo on the page with a dog being held looks almost like yours but brown. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/pomchi.htm
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

its always hard to tell when they are puppies, do you think she going get much bigger??

She said 11 years, not months I think she's as grown as can be.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

She reminds me of a Papillon mix, honestly Either way, she is VERY cute! Petfinder is a great place to find a pup that would fit you, definitely look for a great personality before looking at appearance. She could be a number of breeds, but one thing for sure as that she is obviously the perfect pup for you, and you can find that in a variety of mixed breed dogs.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

She looks very much like a long-haired Dachshund:

Perhaps the other half is pomeranian, but I also think she looks very spaniel-ish, so I think her other half is anyone's guess. I know it's very unlikely, but she looks ALOT like a Tibetan Spaniel to me. It could just be my bias as I *adore* Tibbies

She said 11 years, not months I think she's as grown as can be.
    whoops! maybe i need to get my eyes checked! I swore it said months lmao.. in that case i definatly see some chi, maybe some pom or Dachshund too?? i dont know, very cute though

She does look like a papillion mix... but I kind of doubt it because papillions are not very common dogs. I think pomeranian/chi.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I see multiple breeds in her . Tibbie, Pom, Chihuahua to name a few. She sure is a little cutie though.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Help: Figuring out my dog's breed

Hello & Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures.. Well I would state that your wittle baby is a adorable cutie pie breed..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I see either Papillon or Pomeranian with some Chihuahua. I definitely see chihuahua because of the shape of her head. It could be from another breed that I don't know of, but chi is the first one that comes to mind. Then for the long hair either Pom or Pap.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle
    She looks very much like a long-haired Dachshund:

Perhaps the other half is pomeranian, but I also think she looks very spaniel-ish, so I think her other half is anyone's guess. I know it's very unlikely, but she looks ALOT like a Tibetan Spaniel to me. It could just be my bias as I *adore* Tibbies
    I agree... I thought so too, or even possibly a beagle. Looks like some kind of hound and Spaniel (perhaps Pom) to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    I agree... I thought so too, or even possibly a beagle. Looks like some kind of hound and Spaniel (perhaps Pom) to me.

your dog is sooo cute!!! Coming FRom the Heart