Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter has learned a new trick.......

Butter has learned a new trick.......

and I don't think I like it!!!

When Butter does his "middle of the night" wakeup call, he usually bangs the blinds in the window to let me know he's ready to eat or go outside. Well, night before last, I woke up at 4 am, the light was on beside my bed, the cd player in my clock radio was playing and the tv was on! I remembered turning the light off, the cd player was NOT playing and to tell you the truth, I don't know about the television, but I don't think it was on when I went to sleep. The remote was lying on the nightstand.

Now keep in mind that the controls for the radio/alarm are on the top of this contraption, and he has walked across them before and turned them on/off, but the light? Never. It is one of those wall lamps (connected to the wall) and you control it by touching it; you know the drill three different levels of brightness and off.

I had gotten up to finally get Honey inside from her critter hunting at 1:15 am this morning. She had refused to come in earlier. I digress . I'm sleeping very hard again, and something wakes me up. I open my eyes, and there is Butter. He is on top of my clock radio, cd player is playing and he's up on his hind legs batting at the arm of the lamp, making it turn on and off, over and over!!! Bad Butter!!!!! Can he see the light getting brighter and then going off? Must be! He looked like the lion in the circus, all reared up on his hind legs batting at that lamp!!! And talk about proud? I just sat there for a minute without moving, watching him play with his new toy! LOL!!

There is never a moment's peace in this house!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Great laugh Logan and what a mind picture that conjured up!!

Go for it Butter xxx.

Lynne

Oh Logan there aren't words to descibe how funny your post is!!! What a cat! What a cat! I am just imagining that light going off and on! Butter you are truly one of a kind and I am sure Logan is pretty happy about that!! hehe!

LOL LOL
    Wonder Butter does it again!

Former User Guest
    LOL LOL!!!! Definitely no dull moment in your house!!!
    I'm glad you told this, because I've gone crazy with Casper switching a light on in our closet (for cleaning up stuff). First few times I thought I switched it off, and I thought I lost my mind when it was on. Now I know for sure it was Casper, I caught him putting the lights on!

Another amazing story

I have a friend who's cat likes to listen in on conversations while she is on the phone. The cat will knock the phone off/out of it's cradle, and listen to her voice. She must put rubberbands on all her phones, to keep the cat from doing it. Isn't that amazing?

Oh Logan, what a story! And there is no way you can get mad at them....just too precious.

Too funny!! LOL

Of course I can say that because I'm not the one being wakened in the middle of the night by a cat turning the light on! I'm still chuckling over this one.

Gee, today has been a good day here. Lots of good pictures, stories and laughs.

So much for getting any work done.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Pam
    Oh Logan there aren't words to descibe how funny your post is!!! What a cat! What a cat! I am just imagining that light going off and on! Butter you are truly one of a kind and I am sure Logan is pretty happy about that!! hehe!

LOL I second this!!! What a character!

All I can say is "Amen" to that, Pam. Good thing there is only one Butter and one Honey! Between the two of them, my most challenging children, I have nice big purple circles under my eyes!! LOL!! But I have to tell you, a video of Butter playing with that light fixture last night, and the cd player singing "Happy Holidays"......its been a while since I used that CD player it would have won the prize on the funniest videos show!!

Re: Another amazing story

Originally posted by sasvermont
    I have a friend who's cat likes to listen in on conversations while she is on the phone. The cat will knock the phone off/out of it's cradle, and listen to her voice. She must put rubberbands on all her phones, to keep the cat from doing it. Isn't that amazing?
    As a kitten, our Tinker would follow us to the neighbor's house if/when we went to visit. If she was not LET IN, she would KNOCK by either 1) jumping/hitting/pawing the doorhandle or 2) try to ring the doorbell.

Those cats! lol

LOL!! Zippy!! That is the exact same thing Butter will do!! If we go and visit a neighbor, he sits outside their door and knocks...stretching as far as he can on his little legs, just to see us!! And if I dare try and take Honey and Lilly on a walk, and he is outdoors, he will always go with us!!! Another perfect video moment! Poor little boy runs as fast as his little legs will let him, and he ends up panting and we have to do the short block and bring him home!!

I have to say that is one smart Kitty!! My Jack knows how to turn lightswitches on and off and if he had thumbs he would know how to turn doorknobs. I have to say he is one of the smartest kitties that I've had. Butter try not to keep your mommy up at night anymore
    Jack and Ali's Mom

Oh that Butter of yours Logan - no end to the antics - and he was free right????

Originally posted by Logan
    And if I dare try and take Honey and Lilly on a walk, and he is outdoors, he will always go with us!!! Another perfect video moment!
    My Tommy would do the exact same thing! We'd have to make sure he was inside 'for we left to go walking!!

One time we were driving down our street--THANK GOODNESS--it was a school day (ie speed zone, we live right across the street from the school's playground)--anyways, a lady kept waving at Mom to pull over! pull over! "Uhh...what's wrong?" "There a blk kitten on top of your car!!!" Max had fallen asleep on-top of the Yukon! Oppsy! (Never said he was the 'brightest' of cats...lol--we use to place banana stickers between his eyes--he'd wear them all day I know, I know...I'm such a horrible FurMom...! lol)