Thread: my rottie...

Hybrid View

my rottie...

i have a 16 month old rottwieller.....hes a lil bit agressive (hahaha did i say a lil bit?) . if any one has any information on training rotts plzzzz let me know.
    i love him to death i just dont wana see him or me get in trouble for terorizing the neibors or anything.

thanx,

[email protected]

he is people agressive?
    like how agressive? what does he do when he meets people?
    is he agressive with you and your family? people he knows?

it's this a new thing or has he always been like this?

if it's a new thing i would suggest having him looked over by a vet and have a blood test and urine and fecal tests done to rule out any health problems that could be making him act this way

if he is perfectly healthy then I would suggest some NILF training http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-dog_nilf.htm

and contact a behaviourist to have them evaluate him....he might just be a mentally unsound dog and would be better of being humanely euthanized so he does not harm a person

I have a 6 yr old Rott, when he was in his cute puppy stage he started showing aggresion like if we took his toys etc. didnt really want to listen to us, well we had a trainer who lived across the street from us and she let us know we could NOT tolerate that behavior no matter how lil or cute he was, so we didnt, we had to put our foot down , and raise our voices with him let him know we didnt tolerate it, mostly my boyfriend did the training cuz i couldnt do it, but... he growled at us once when he was 6 months old i think, and 6 years later, never ever again, he is soo gentle and loving truly a great dog, but he still has his aggresive nature in him, with strangers. You should get a profesional trainer if u cannot do it yourself, Rottweilers are the kind of dog that need firm training, they need to know who has the upper hand, we used all the same training with our Presa Canario who is larger than him and the breed has a worse "reputation" then the Rott, and she is as sweet as can be.

it depends on how he's aggresive. is he ppl aggrresive? toy? food? dog?? there is so many kinds of aggresions. (sp?) i dont know much about training. i have a toy poodle mix who is VERY food aggrresive. anyways, good luck!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

On top of what everyone else has suggested, neutering (if he isn't already) will help get rid of the hormonal aspect of his moodyness.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

yeah i was going to say neutering but someone beat me there !! it ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS SAYING HE IS PEOPLE AGGRESSIVE MORE THEN DOG AGGRESSIVE
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)