Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new puppy- help

Gonzo was neutered for $75. Not at a spay/neuter clinic, at our very nice, huge, high-tech Vet's. They also boarded him for over a day, lasered him, and cared for him very well. I've never met any vets that charge $200 to neuter a dog, much less spay them. A couple years ago, my sister fostered an Aussie mix female and when she took her in to get spayed, they discovered that she was in the early stages of a pregnancy. Even having to abort puppies AND spay her, she payed $100, again to a very nice Vet and not at a speuter clinic.

There are at least a dozen spay/neuter clinics monthly in my area, and they charge $20 for male dogs and $30 for female dogs, or less. You cannot beat that! This is also California, where nothing tends to be very cheap. I think people just need to search more, and find a good Vet that isn't completely in the business for money... I've met a few of those, who WILL charge 2 or 3x the amount of a reputable Vet.

$200 IS a fairly good amount of money, but to be honest, we ALL spend that on an average shopping spree, for clothes that we'll keep for a year at best. Neutering/spaying your dog for the same amount as a few clothing items saves lives, including your dogs life.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Quote Originally Posted by bckrazy
    $200 IS a fairly good amount of money, but to be honest, we ALL spend that on an average shopping spree, for clothes that we'll keep for a year at best. Neutering/spaying your dog for the same amount as a few clothing items saves lives, including your dogs life.
    very nice exaple, Zoey and t.j were both 60 and that wasn't even a clinic!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Roxy's spay was only about $75 i think. PLUS they ran some tests on her and stuff, and we ended up paying about $200. Tink hasnt been spayed yet, and I don't think her vet does spays as young as 9-10 weeks. Thats her age, and they have said nothing about it. Well, I guess they haven't had time to mention it, because of all her health problems. Can't Wait for Pics of the puppy! hurry and take some! lol
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Wow, you guys are all so fortunate to find clinics that spay and neuter for under $100. I called around at least 10 different vet clinics and shelters with vet staff in my area for quote on neutering (and the price for some differed by age, which I thought was odd) and almost all of them quoted me at over $200. The one I went with quoted me at like $160 but ended up charging me more because of his retained testicles.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    Wow, you guys are all so fortunate to find clinics that spay and neuter for under $100. I called around at least 10 different vet clinics and shelters with vet staff in my area for quote on neutering (and the price for some differed by age, which I thought was odd) and almost all of them quoted me at over $200. The one I went with quoted me at like $160 but ended up charging me more because of his retained testicles.
    I can't believe they charged you that much! My first dog, I think that we got some kind of paper from the shelter that gave us a discount. and Roxy was from the shelter and her adoption fee paid for her spay, so I'm really not sure how much they charge here...I guess I'll know when Tink is old enough to be spayed.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography