Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on Ghosts?

I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks.....sorry, I couldn't resist.

Do I believe in ghosts? Yes I do. My grandmother passed away when I was 17. I used to spend every summer with her before she passed. While I was there, every night, I would fall asleep without any blankets on, and she would cover me with her Dallas Cowboys blanket as a joke. I hate the Cowboys, and she knew this. I told her I'd rather freeze than use that ugly blanket. It was an ongoing joke between us. Well, after she died, I, again fell asleep without a blanket on. Wouldn't you know when I woke up, I had that damned blanket on me again? I asked everyone else in the house if they covered me and they looked at me like I was smoking the crack pipe!

I've had a couple of other encounters, but that's my favorite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Personally, I know there are. My grandpa passed away when I was 7 years old. When I got back from the funeral I was getting ready for bed(my parents were in the living room) and my light kept turning on and off by itself. Since then my lights will still go on and off by themselves on occasion. Doesn't explain anything but I feel its my grandfather. I also will hear crashes and loud noises from my closet and when I open it there is nothing missing and I find a coin on the floor of my closet. My grandfather used to give me coins when I was young as well. Strange I know, thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    I believe in ghosts. When I was little, I remember watching a movie in my basement. Something caught my eye above the TV. I looked up, and something was hovering there. It was dark, so I couldn't see what it was. It was just something small and black, just staying put in the air. Suddenly it fell on the floor like someone dropped it. I looked on the floor and saw that it was my aunt's lipstick. It scared me half to death. I sat there for a few minutes, holding really still. Then I slowly left the room and ran upstairs. I haven't had any other encounters since, but that was all I needed. Plus I've heard many stories from other people.
    remember when that vaccume kept going on at your moms house!! haha that was freaky
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

A few years ago, my mother died after a long battle with several types of cancer. It wasn't pretty. She assured us that she was ready to go.

The day after her funeral, I was looking out her kitchen window when I saw three deer. One was a doe. She looked directly into my eyes and I got a very warm, peaceful feeling. I'll alway think that was Mom saying her final goodby.

Occasionally, my house will smell like an old person that needs a bath, even when I've cleaned thoroughly. My sister is sure my dad is "visiting" since he didn't think a daily bath was necessary. He died a few years after my mom. I don't mind his visits, but how do you get a ghost to take a bath?

Quote Originally Posted by tikeyas_mom
    remember when that vaccume kept going on at your moms house!! haha that was freaky
    Oh yeah lol. That was kinda strange lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

I for one BELIEVE in them cause I have seen far too many things not to believe.

My first ghost was in the school toilets (Now dont laugh) I was sitting on the toilet finishing my thing and I had the door open cause the lock on it was hard to open and was scared in case I was there all night (childhood scares huh?) so my friend was in the other room where we washed our hands and she screamed and left me for dead (if ghosts kill you lol) so I looked up and saw this bright blue ghost woman holding a book (I know what your thinking, a teacher right? WRONG) walking and there was a mirror behinde her and I couldnt see her!!!. So I got up as fast as I could and ran with my knickers down! LOL.

Seriously though it was the scariest moment of my life! I was about 10 and did I go to those toilets alone after that! lol no I didnt I used to go in the classroom toilets instead and I was so thankful to have those toilets there lol.

I asked a teacher if the school is haunted and she said yes and she said by a teacher who looked after children during the war and they had sheltered in the school during the bombings.

My 2rd was at a unit for people with disorders such as anxiety (I had a bad time with my ocd and had to stay there for 2 weeks). I was almost 16 and it was aug 1996 and I was awake laying in bed and I saw this alien like ghost with big orange eyes and green face with black clothings (it looked like an alien too me!) and it was walking over then friends bed and I just went under covers and tug my feet within my blanket.

My 2rd one is my beloved grandmother who I saw on the same day as she died! This was in 1999 and I was in her old room (I had to switch rooms with my bro after that) and I was sitting on my bed and I saw her sitting next to me and smiled and she put her hand on my hand and it was so cold.
    I looked out of my window to try and think what just happened, I looked up to the clouds and in my mind I saw her walking and running towards my grandad and looking so young and pretty!!!. I saw grandad wearing a big brown belt and he was shorter than grandma and I asked if he ever wore a big brown belt which was so thick and she said yes he did!

I was so shocked that I phoned my mum up and my cousin answered it cause and I knew right there that she had died cause he never visits her old peoples home. I answered for my mum and he passed it on to her and I just said please dont lie as I know, she said in a shocking voice ok.

I believe in them, me and my friend think that we have seen a few. We went to a cathedral on a school trip a few weeks ago, and we were looking around when I saw a side room with the door slightly open and i said we should have a look inside. We peered in, and heard a door open in the room but could see no opening door. It was faint, but we think made out the image of a lady walking across the room. We ran away really quickly!

A few years ago i was on another school trip to an old hall and I was asked to go and put a piece of music back on the old organ. I went in.... and the door shut. I was petrified! It was one of those rooms where all the old paintings seem to look at you and i suddenly felt quite cold... fortunately the door was easy to open so i got out OK.

Coincidence, or truth?

Zimbabwe 07/13

Here are some orbs in my room taken early this year. My house isnt haunted as far as I know. Nothing much as changed in my room apart from a bigger TV and a new chester draws.

Freaky! I once saw an orb in an old victorian farm i think

Zimbabwe 07/13

FAKE!

But I'm a person who needs proof. If you can't prove it, I don't believe it! And "orbs", unusual sounds, etc. aren't proof There's always a pretty good explanation for those sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    FAKE!

But I'm a person who needs proof. If you can't prove it, I don't believe it! And "orbs", unusual sounds, etc. aren't proof There's always a pretty good explanation for those sorts of things.
    my pictures of orbs arent faked

I beleive as others too many things to not believe.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    FAKE!

While there may be a good explanation for the orbs - I don't think that clarebare faked them.

I believe in them but have never really seen one but I do believe things are out there. I have heard several stories about my hospital I work at being haunted.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I feel upset about this. I post some orbs with little hope of doing it.
    This is why I never tell my stories of ghosts incase of someone says fake.

Im thinking of leaving this site...