Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on Ghosts?

I believe in ghosts. When I was little, I remember watching a movie in my basement. Something caught my eye above the TV. I looked up, and something was hovering there. It was dark, so I couldn't see what it was. It was just something small and black, just staying put in the air. Suddenly it fell on the floor like someone dropped it. I looked on the floor and saw that it was my aunt's lipstick. It scared me half to death. I sat there for a few minutes, holding really still. Then I slowly left the room and ran upstairs. I haven't had any other encounters since, but that was all I needed. Plus I've heard many stories from other people.
    I've been BOO'd!

I Believe.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Things have happened in my life that affirm my believe in something that people cannot normally see.

In our old apartment, we would hear the water turn on in the bathtub and would look to see who was there, and the bathroom light would be off, no one would be around and poor Remus would be completley covered in water! (he liked to sleep in the bathtub) The water would be off though, and I know Remus didn't just fall in the toilet because the lid would be closed. I also doubt Remus knows how to turn a bathtub faucet on and off. Stuff would get moved around on us and sometimes just dissapear without anyone touching it. Candles would blow out and re-light themselves and electronics would turn on and off for no reason. Sometimes at night, we would hear mournful laughing.

When we were moving, our roomate said suddenly that his back felt like it had been scratched. He took off his shirt so we could see, and he had welts from what looked like a whip! He didn't have any marks on him before we went over to the apartment. A statue went flying across the room, doors were slamming and opening constantly and even though the windows were closed, we would hear wind blowing through.

I'm glad to be OUT of there! The new place has a much nicer vibe to it!

I believed in ghosts before I lived in that creepy apartment...but what I saw there REALLY affirmed my belief in the supernatural.

I believe in them, however, I have never had any encounters like some have mentioned here. I just believe they do exist. I don't think I'd be scared of one, as long as it was a nice ghost. Hubby on the other hand, terrified of them, lol.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Your opinions on Ghosts?

Well I dont try make myself see ghost & ect. but I have been to some places & thought what was that & then that is what I thought it was & then run..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

You all are scaring me! I had goosebumps reading some of your encounters.

I'm a true believer in "spirits". I spoke with a medium who didn't know me from adam and she told me things only I would know. I've had experiences smelling cigar smoke when I'm alone (my Dad smoked cigars) and the feeling of a cat jumping up on my bed and laying down on my pillow on top of my head (my RB cat Casey "Bubba Dude").

I never rule anything out.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't believe in 'ghosts' (as in spirits of the dead), but I do believe in Jinns. I'm not sure in non-Muslims know what a jinn is, but Muslims believe it to be one of God's creations...a species, that is unseen. Satan is believed to be a 'jinn'. I've always thought Christians believe in them because they believe in Satan, but I'm not sure if Christians believe there's a whole species of them. Maybe you don't have the same detailed explanation about them as we do.

We believe there are good jinns and bad jinns. God created them out of fire (like we believe He created mankind from clay)...and I believe they exist. Totally believe they exist. According to Islam, mankind and jinns are the only species that God will 'question' and grant heaven or hell to, according to their deeds. So...we believe jinns to be a species like us...unseen, smart, living in the world with us. It is a scary thought, but I do believe they're there. In fact, I KNOW they are there. There are so many stories about them. Sometimes they go inside people and possess them. We have a friend who's brother got a jinn in him. The jinn was basically inside him, and destroying him. He wasn't normal. His voice changed into a woman's voice, but when he spoke like a woman, the voice insisted that she was a jinn inside him, and she was speaking...not him. His lips didn't move when she spoke, so it was obvious it wasn't him. One time, he was at work, and all of a sudden, everyone looking at him started SCREAMING, and RAN away. He was confused. Later, someone came in and said he had suddenly grown horns out of his head. Anyway.........eventually he went to someone who speciallizes in getting jinns out of people. I don't know how they do it, but the person he went to got the jinn out of him. He's been normal ever since. This story was related to us by his brother. My brother knows the guy and asked his brother what happened to him when he suddenly disappeared for so long...and that's what he had to say. Very scary...very.

Soooo....while I don't quite believe in the Western concept of GHOSTS, I believe in jinns, and angels, and of course God!!! So many unseen things that I *know* exist. We actually believe magicians that do crazy tricks that seem impossible have contacts with jinns...and when the object they are holding, somehow ends up some place else, their jinn helper is the one who put it there. We can't see the jinn, soooo, we don't see the object being taken there. Just see it disappear from the magician's hands and go somewhere else. I am actually scared of magicians because of this...as I do believe they have jinn buddies with them when they do their crazy stunts. I am scared to death of jinns...even though there are supposed to be good and bad ones. I know an evil one...Satan, tries to effect our lives all the time, but the good ones...well...you never know when you might see one. We do believe jinns have the ability to take other forms and be 'seen'. That means, they can take the form of a human or animal when they are really not that. I've heard of stories where people were watching a strange man walking, and he had bright red eyes. All of a sudden, he would disappear, and reappear.

Okay, I am freaking myself out now. My greatest fear in life as a child was jinns. If I thought about them at night, I couldn't go to sleep. I'm not AS scared now, but I do believe they're real. I really do. I wonder if Christians believe in them. Do you have the story of Prophet Solomon in the Bible?? I know there's a jinn that plays some role in that story, in the Quran. I will have to check it out later.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 10-14-2005 at 12:44 PM.

I believe in ghosts. At my old house we would sometimes see shadowy figures walking and hear voices at night. We knew it wasn't one of us soo we just called them ghosts. Also in a hotel in San Antonio there have been some pretty scary reports of what happened on the 7th floor. It used to be a hospital and the 7th floor was the operation floor. Many people have been known to leave in the middle of the night because all of a sudden that floor smelled really bad like dead flesh. Ewww, but all of us would like to stay in the hotel and that floor the next time we go. Kinda creepy!!
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I choose to believe in Angels. No ghosts for me.

I do believe that we survive after death. I'm not sure I believe people hang around haunting a place however. I know my dad came to check on me the morning after he died.

I also believe in angels and have had encounters with my guardian angel.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do believe in angels and spirits. I think that when someone we love dies, their spirits are always with us. I never had any experience, but a friend did. She saw her grandparents at night, like in a white light, looking at her. Her sister saw them too.....

It's interesting that when her grandmother died, she stopped believing in God, she was really angry. Maybe they appeared to tell her that she had to believe, and that they were fine....
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

I think just about every race & culture has a word for spirits or ghosts.
    They may call them by different names but the idea is the same. I've
    never seen or hear a ghost, but I do believe in spirits.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I belive there are non-living spirits...ghosts, spirits, angels etc.

The studio where we dance has a basement that for many years we have had a haunted house in and hope to again starting next year. There is one particluar corner of the basement, that many different people (myself included) have felt a presence. When we have turned on the light (flashlight, as the haunted house is kept very dark), there is no one there.

A few weeks ago, I borrowed "dowsing rods" froma friend at work. These are supposed to help find water, magnetic fields, and ghosts. We took them into the basement, and as I held them and walked through, nothing happened with them....until we got to that corner of the basement. At that point, they began to rotate in my hand, and corss over themselves, to signify the presence of something. As I would walk away, they would rotate back to the spot I had left, and cross again, as I moved back to it. Several other people used them, and they react the same way. I can't garuntee that we weren't subconsciously moving them becuase we all knew the stories, and where we belive the ghost hangs out, but it sure seemed real!

For more information about dowsing rods

As a ghost...

Well as a ghost myself... let me tell you of my perspective of you the "living". You know us ghost wouldn't have to bang so much stuff if you would just stop moving it around! Do you know how many times I have stubbed my toe on a skateboard?!!! Please tell your kids to pick up their rooms! Also, why do so many living people want to keep their beds made up? Us ghost like to keep the blankets off the bed. It's just our "thing".
    By the way, your dog does drink out of the toilet bowl and sleeps on the furniture when your not here! I try to tell them to keep off the furniture but they always bark at me! Like I am NOT standing there in front of them!
    I hate to "walk" and make noises on your stairs or floor but man don't you ever dust your ceilings? The cob webs are everywhere and spiders are scary!
    Well, I better go... heard Elvis is in town...
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".