Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you suggest....planning to get a Digital Cam

What do you suggest....planning to get a Digital Cam

i wanted to hear your recomendations since i am planning to get a dig cam, i have always used manuals, since i took loved manuals, but i really need tha advantages of seeing the pic before being developed, there are sometimes you could have improved the shot if you knew it wasnt that good, so i thought i get one, but im a little down in money, so what are your suggestions for a nice cam, with nice resolution so i can print at least 11x14 and that its not that expensive.

one i saw was the cx7300 or somethinG,also some powershots, what do you think?? help ,me out
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I have a Canon PowerShot SI 1S and I love it!
    Here's a great shot I took with it.
    Click to see a larger view.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I have the Powershot S2 1S and I love mine too.
    Here's a pic:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...n/IMG_0938.jpg

just bumping this to hear more suggestions
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

I have an olympus (sp?) and it is fine for me, the only problems I have is with the "night mode". I seems to turn everything orangy and tinted. I have never heard a bad thing about Canon!

I have a Kodak EasyShare Cx6200...it was inexpensive and it does the job. It just doensn't take the best quality of pictures and practically no zoom. But like I said...at least it works In the future I'd like to have a better quality camera but just can't seem to afford that now.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

DEFINITELY stick with the Canon PowerShot series. I myself own a PowerShot A300 and eventhough its about three years old, still takes AMAZING pictures with AMAZING quality (even when compared to todays newer cameras). All photos at both http://dontstay.zoto.com and http://aussiestock.zoto.com were taken with this camera.

Sure a Kodak may be cheaper, but for the same price you can get a Canon with higher quailty. The PowerShot series is the absolute BEST out there right now for the price/quality ratio. I DO NOT recommend Kodaks, or HP cameras. Kodak's are good for beginners who don't know a lot... I recommend Olympus, but as SLR cameras and not digital.

EDIT: k9krazee, I didn't see nor read your post before making my reply, so don't think I'm like saying you're wrong or anything, because I'm not.

facebook

I will never buy a camera made by anything other than Canon.

I currently use the Powershot S2 1S, but have the Powershot A60 and A80.
    For someone who's just wanting to take pictures and print, I suggest one of the PowerShot A-series. Great cameras for the price!

I would stay away from Sony & Kodak, personally. I've never been pleased with the pictures i've taken with them.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

does any of the canon digitals have like manual modes (like for focusing, and opening, speed, like manuals?)

the one i actually have is a canon but it´s semi automatic/manual, which i use to make artistic photographs but i need to get actualized

and i also wanted to get 11x14" prints so i can used my pics as decoration

notes-to-my-husband blog

I don't know about other Canon models, (though all the ones I've used have had manual modes) but mine does have a manual mode where you can change shutter speed, exposure, etc.

EDIT: Oh and you should be just fine making 11x14 prints with a 4 - 5MP camera

Remember: the megapixels really don't mean a lot if you don't know how to use the camera. A professional photographer acn make BEAUTIFUL prints with just a 3 or 4MP camera whereas a novice beginner can have a 12MP camera and won't make good shots worth crap. It's alll in technique!!

facebook

Get a Canon, they are the best by far.

I've got a Kodak EasyShare CX7525 and its an okay camera. I like it but I want something better, like a Canon.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

If you are looking for a VERY compact camera then I would highly recommend the Sony Exilim. I have the 4 MPixel, but they are now making up to a 7 MPixel. ( I WANT one!!!)

It has a feature called "best shots" which has pre-configured settings for different lighting and shooting conditions, and you can also save personal settings.

It is small enough to keep in a pocket or handbag and the battery life is great.

ONE TIP - If you go for a SMALL camera - some manufacturers are cutting down on size so much that they leave out the viewfinder, so you ONLY have the LCD screen - this presents two problems:
    - if you are travelling for a full day you want the option to be able to switch off the LCD and use the viewfinder to further prolong battery life
    - in very bright sunlight you can't always see the LCD clearly, so you need the viewfinder.

Good luck in choosing!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I just bought a Conon PowerShot A520.

I've been very lazy in regards to reading the manual so I can't tell you too much about it. But it did take some nice pictures while I was on vacation.

I have an Olympus C5060, but that would probably be too expensive for you. Anyway, you have to consider what features you really need.

There's a good site here with reviews of different cameras.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I have had 3 Fuji's and I love all of them!
    My boss bought my first one and is still getting good results with it - it was 2 Megapixels.
    The one I have now is the Fuji E550 that is 6 megapixels. I love it. I just bought another one last week - it is a smaller Fuji A345 4 megapixels. It's small enough to carry in my purse all the time - That's why I bought it. I does really well also.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..