Thread: Celebration of a cat's life

Celebration of a cat's life

A very good friend of ours passed away this weekend . Ginny was a 18 year old maine coon girl who lived with some dear friends ever since she was a kitten. She passed away in her sleep after living a wonderful life that I wish all of our fur babies could live. While we are all sad and will miss her furry face, we find great happiness in her life and the way she lived it and the way my friend and her family treated her.

In her 18 years of life on this earth, Ginny never knew pain, cold, hunger, thirst, abuse, or major illness. An indoor only cat, Ginny was content to spend her days exploring the house as if it were a new adventure everyday or staring out a window. We swear she was an avid New Mexico Lobo fan since she would run into the room and stare at the television intently when they played. My friend joked that she died of a broken heart after their poor basketball season! She helped foster kittens before they went to their forever homes. She did not know a stranger.

She had a knack for turning the most stubborn anti-cat people visiting my friends into cat fans by putting a loving paw to their face. There is hardly a Christmas party, 4th of July BBQ, or birthday party picture where one of our group of friends did not have Ginny in their laps.

When arriving for a visit at my friends house, people would rush past our friends to the sunroom where Ginny would often sleep to give out head scratches or to give her a cat-nip toy. And even at the age of 18, a play session was never out of the question, even though they became shorter as she entered her golden years. Shaking a can of pounce treats would make her eyes open wide.

Even though she was not my cat, I still loved her and will miss her. Visits to my friend's house will not be the same and it will be hard to not see her in her chair. She was laid to rest in my friend's back yard.

I realize that this is not a pet memorial site but I wanted to share Ginny, the extraordinary cat with all of you. In her honor, give your fur babies a big hug and kiss!I am smiling as I am typing this because I know that she had a wonderful life

What a wonderful and sad story. I wish all our fur kids could have such a wonderful home and loving parents. I'm sure she though you were her aunt and loved you very much. Ginny and her parents and you will get an extra prayer from me tonight. I firmly believe you will all be together again someday. This is the best place in the world to talk about a loved fuzzy friend. There are very kind people here who understand what you are going through.

What a warm fuzzy story....... That is the kind of thing that I like to hear...... a blessed family that gets to raise a kitten till it is 18 years old. I loved your story and my heart goes out to your friends, because I know losing a pet is hard.....but that is all I wish for Tinky, to live a life like Ginny.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I am sorry to hear about Ginny. It sounds like she had a long and happy life, and passed away quietly. I only hope that is how my kittys go when the time comes.
    Thanks for sharing, and take care.

Do you by chance have a picture of Ginny? I love M. Coons!

God's speed to the spirit of that furry little soul, whose energy could no longer be contained by its earthly vessel! Thank you for sharing--losing a treasured friend is never easy.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Oh Amy what a wonderful bittersweet story. I've had a weep and didn't even know Ginny. She sounded a lovely furlady and I know she's at Rainbow Bridge waiting. What a great life she had - and mores the pity all cats don't have heaven on earth like she did. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lynne

Thanks for sharing this, it's a wonderful tribute!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    A beautiful story of a cat life as how it should always be. Living till the end in a loving family till it's time to go.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful treasure with us.

Oh My - so sorry about Gini - the wonderful Maine Coon kitty. Lots of warm huggy thoughts go out to Gini's family - I'm sure she will be truly missed. God Bless!!!

Bittersweet, but wonderful story. If only all cats could live a life like that! It is a great loss for your friends though - but I hope the thought of Gini's happy life helps!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    What a warm fuzzy story....... That is the kind of thing that I like to hear...... a blessed family that gets to raise a kitten till it is 18 years old. I loved your story and my heart goes out to your friends, because I know losing a pet is hard.....but that is all I wish for Tinky, to live a life like Ginny.
    I second this!! I only hope my cats can have as great and long of life with me like Ginny did with her family! To experience unconditional love is to own a pet

**hugs**
    Wonderful tribute!

How beautiful and moving. Cherished she will be in life and there after. Thank you for sharing her tribute. My heartfelt condolences to the family & friends (even though they're lobo fans )!

So sorry for the loss of Ginny. She sounds like she was quite a cat.
    I wish sincerely, that in the memory of her, that all cats and dogs live lives like she did. Loved, cared for, treated well.

Thank you so much for your kind messages of support and condolences! I am very honored to have you know Ginny! I have told my friends and her parents, Megan and Clint about this site and all the wonderful messages being left about Ginny All you wonderful people are what make Pettalk so amazing and great! God Bless you all (even our favorite Aggie Zippy-Kat ). Ginny would have given a head butt to each of you

I will try to find a picture of Ginny and post it (if I can ever become scanner, digital camera, and computer literate). I don't even have pictures of my fur family on here!!!