Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Book of the Month Club Members and "Rules"

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Oh, good - glad you got it on time! Enjoy ... can't wait for the dicussion! And NEXT month, I'm just gonna read the assigned chapters per week - I'll put the book away so I don't pick it up "by accident!"

Oh, man, Karen. I know! I'll have to have at least one other book to read, so that I don't read too far in advance. Hopefully, everyone will do that!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yay!!! The library called and said my book was in and I just got back from picking it up. I can't wait to get started on it this evening.

Hey this is a very cool idea! right now I'm up to my butt in books I have to read, but maybe next time around, when I finish my Master's and have from free time- have fun!

Isn't the discussion thread supposed to be up already?

I think next month I might try it. I'm not an avid reader but I'll try to keep up with everyone. I used to read a lot until this evil computer came along......

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    Isn't the discussion thread supposed to be up already?

Nope, it'll be opened on the 25th.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I may join. I'm going to hold off for next month though, I will certainly read the discussions though. The sisterhood of the travelling pants really isn't my thing

Is the discussion open tomorrow the 25th or November the 25th??

Quote Originally Posted by .powerful
    I may join. I'm going to hold off for next month though, I will certainly read the discussions though. The sisterhood of the travelling pants really isn't my thing

Is the discussion open tomorrow the 25th or November the 25th??
    Ha ha, well, that is sort of the point of the book club, to read things and meet authors you wouldn't normally choose. But, I totally understand.

The discussion for October's book will open tomorrow, the 25th. I'll post November's schedule soon.

YAY! I can't wait for the discussion to be open! Is is just an open discussion or are we going to be talking about paticular topics/questions? There are some discussion topics in the back of the book that you might want to take a look at.

Is the chat room going to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    YAY! I can't wait for the discussion to be open! Is is just an open discussion or are we going to be talking about paticular topics/questions? There are some discussion topics in the back of the book that you might want to take a look at.

Is the chat room going to be used?
    I put times for the chat room, and, if folks want to participate, I've sent them all the link. As for how the discussion is going to go, I think we can let it be open and post some questions, as well. This will be a first time thing for me, so, those questions in the back of the book are so not what I'm used to thinking about, it'll be interesting. The book wasn't over my head, but, some of the questions feel that way, just because I haven't really dissected novels or stories that way since I was in school. Just a different way of thinking, and, it'll be a learning experience for me, and, hopefully, we'll just have good participation, regardless of the type. As long as it's about October's book, it'll be fine.

I got my book Friday, and finished it last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom
    I got my book Friday, and finished it last night!
    Awesome! Yeah, it's a fast read, so glad you were able to get it in time! We've posted November's book already, so, be sure to check it out!

I think I am going to go the old fashion route on that one, and check the library. We take the dogs every Tuesday so the kids can read to them...might as well check out some books while I am there!