Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Book of the Month Club?

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Book of the Month Club?

Has anyone ever tried to get a book of the month club started here at Pet Talk? I thought it would be worth posting the question at least, to see if there are any other readers out there who would be interested. I've been trying to get back into reading like I used to, and, the motivation just isn't there. I know if I start up again, it'll be easy. I need to set aside half an hour or so a day to read. So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me in reading a different book each month. We could start it at the beginning of next month, and, have an online chat about it at the end of the month, or something like that. Anyway, I risk this sounding extremely boring or cheesy, but, who cares? It's a thought...

The members list and rules will be updated at this location...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=90297
    Last edited by finn's mom; 10-08-2005 at 05:56 PM.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Book of the Month Club?

I think it is a great idea.. I dont read thick books, but if it was a small one I would be willing to join.. Let me know ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002
    I think it is a great idea.. I dont read thick books, but if it was a small one I would be willing to join.. Let me know ok..
    Well, I don't know what kind of books we'd read, if this were to become a reality. I wouldn't think they'd be War and Peace sized, but, I know they'd be more than 100 pages. More like what Oprah has going on in her book club...the thought just popped into my head today, and, I thought I'd mention to see if there'd be anyone even kindof interested. I haven't put much more thought into it than that, though...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

that sounds like fun! I hope I can find the books at the library. I love to read
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Quote Originally Posted by lady_zana
    that sounds like fun! I hope I can find the books at the library. I love to read

Cool...yeah, I was thinking that, too...making them books that we could either buy or get at the library. If we can get four or five of us interested in this, I'll see about getting it together, and, setting up some "rules." Maybe each month a different "member" could choose the book...that could be cool.

I think thats a wonderful idea Kari! I'm like you i love to read! I used to read a lot until the computer came along. I really need to start reading again and this would help motivate me also.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I may be interested. I love to read but this past Summer I started 2 books and they're waiting for me to finish (A Walk Across American & Eragon - both VERY good). I would keep this thread going to see if others are interested. If we can get enough of people, it might be fun.

Oh, Oh, Me, Me! I would love to do that! I think I could squeeze a book a month in...especially since I'm not in school right now

maybe we could all suggest an author or two or book or two and compile a list that way. Then randomly choose for each month (have a calendar maybe) and go to town.

This sounds like a great idea!!
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

Awesome, I don't know why I didn't expect anyone to be interested, but, this is really cool that a few of you have shown an interest...it's only the sixth, maybe we can get something quickly together for October. Just a thought, I'm just excited is all.

I'd be interested!! I LOVE to read! I'll read just about anything and give it a try, even mushy romance stuff .

I love to read...count me in!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Woo hoo! Maybe I should start composing a list of all the definitely interested folks!

I am a voracious reader, and usually have at least two books going at a time. I have boxes of books I got free still to read (Book Expo America - how I get to read books before other people can even buy them!), but would happily participate in this as well.

Ooohh...I'd Like to join with everyone. Recentley i've been neglecting the whole reading scene, i should start up again. Count me in!

This is such a good idea! Count me in.