Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DBF & I found a dog!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I hope his owners aren't like that. Poor little guy.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh what a sweet little guy!
    I would tell the owners about how rude the vet was, maybe they will change vets! I sure know I would if my vet spoke to someone that saved my dogs life!
    I can't wait to hear about the happy reunion once you speak to his owners!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

He's an adorable little guy and I hope you can reunite him with his family soon, I'm sure they're missing one another.
    That vet truly does sound like I jerk

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh, and now the jerk is playing games with me. He said he would look it up at 10:30 when he got into the office.

Well, it's 11:00 now, and not a word from him. I called and left another message.

I hope his owners ditch him as a vet - he's HORRIBLE. No concern for the animal's well being at ALL. If he was concerned, he would've called me by now, don't you think? But no - he's got to play his little mind games.

People like this disgust me. At least I know who not to go to when I finally do get a dog.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I called the main number and finally got through to the jerk ... he was EXTREMELY rude - he said "Did you get my message? Let's bury this!" and started yelling at the receptionist.

But I did find out that the dog is an 8 year old Scottie cross, and it looks as though it's been abandoned. He last saw the owner of the dog back in August of 2004. He is up to date on his shots, and his name is Benji

Oh my god I'm crying right now - what kind of evil bastard would abandon a dog this cute!?!??! I can't keep him - I know I can't, but what else can I do except take him to animal control. I just can't stand it. I don't want to do that.

:crying:
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Are you able to keep him for a few days and post a found ad in the paper? Or even check the lost ads? What will your animal control folks do to him? Is there an SPCA you can bring him to? Some kind of no-kill shelter? He'll be adopted in seconds if you bring him to a no-kill shelter. He's very cute and somebody would love to adopt him.

You know, Connecticut isn't very far from New Hampshire and Fenway loves car rides!!!!

Awww poor pup

I took a chance and called animal control - it turns out that vet was misinformed - maybe his prior owner lived in Bristol, but his current owner lives in the next complex over and is frantically looking for him. They came and took him, and she'll pick him up later.

I also told the animal control agent all about the horrible experience I had with the Vet. She was appalled.
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I think you should report that vet to the veterinary board.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I think so too.

It was the VET who told me he thought the dog didn't have a home anymore and was abandoned.

He was very very cold and unfeeling about it too. What a *********!
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I think you should report that vet to the veterinary board.
    I totally agree What a very unprofessional and rude person.
    If he can be that way to a person, can you imagine how he can be with peoples pets. Especially when they arent around???
    I say report him now...
    Also the Better Buisness Bureau, Very unprofessional.
    Keep us posted.
    just me

I called the veterinary licensing board but the supervisor was out. I plan to call back later.

The guy's name was Dr Calaceto - he's based out of Bristol, CT.

I'll be steering way clear of him and his "practice"

Edited to add: Aha. digging up some dirt on this wanker. Apparently he's been sued for negligence before, in dealing with Horses. And he's running one of those "Discount spay/neuter" clinics. Figures.

Some day, maybe people will learn - when you cross me, I come back to haunt you.

0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I'm glad you found the owner. But deep down inside, I wished Fenway was getting a baby brother.

P.S. That vet stinks! You're a good person to save this dog, find it's owner and report that stupid vet. You get the "Good Dooby Award" for the day.

I finally heard back from Animal Control - I called them today to ask what ever happened with Benji.

The lady was very nice - she told me the current owners were not the dog's first family. Apparently, the old tag had never been removed from the original owners, and the dog was abused by them. They also used to take the dog to that Vet who was a real jerk. It might explain his attitude, but what right does he have to assume? I still think I should report him for not being a good Vet.

The dog came to the current owners because one of their relatives rescued him and gave him to them. Apparently, the current owner's husband was out grilling dinner, and Benji got out and ran off. She actually saw me carrying a dog because she was driving in. She couldn't see any details because it was nighttime and she didn't think anything of it because she didn't know Benji had gotten loose. When she got home her husband told her.

I had gone back up to the area I found him and skirted around a bit, but never saw her. The animal control agent told me she held the dog all day and his owner came to pick him up last night. So he is safely home. And the owner knows all about that awful Vet. Needless to say she's never been to that Vet, and she won't be starting - that's for sure.

I'd love to bump into Benji again - some day when I'm taking a walk, perhaps I will.
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I'm so glad to hear that Benji is home. You did a great thing and I'm glad that you were able to be there for him.