Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket Problems?

Phew! That makes me feel better to know it's not just me. It's 11:50 pm here and I still can't see any pictures from photobucket or connect to their website Hopefully they will have this problem fixed asap!

Jessika, thanks for the suggestion on using zoto.com...I'll give it a try tomorrow when I have time

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm having the same problem and have been all day.

Hm... I can get on the website of Photobucket! Let's try if I can insert a pic here

Seems to be working fine for me
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I still can't see most of the pictures on here. I guess I'll just go to work.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    I still can't see most of the pictures on here. I guess I'll just go to work.
    Don't feel bad...neither can I

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hmmm that is really strange! I can see everyones pictures. I wonder whats up with that? Computers can be so mind boggling at times. For me anyway. I'm using msn explorer. I hope you all can see the pictures soon!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

lol if anyone had read my reply you would understand why its doing that...

facebook

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    PS: And PB has more than one server, so if one server goes down but not another, that's why some images will show up and some won't. Likewise, accounts are located on different servers, which is why some are able to access their accounts and upload images and why others can't.

Is that why certain people can't see any photos on Pet Talk, though? I mean, you're saying some can access their accounts, and, some can't...and, then, you're saying you can see some pictures, but, not others. That's not really the problem some of the people are experiencing...unless I'm misunderstanding...that might be why people are still puzzled. Not because they didn't read your reply, but, maybe because they're experiencing a different scenario than what you're referring to...just a thought. I can see all of them fine, by the way.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

finn's mom, I don't know how familiar you are with the term "propogating", but when a website or server goes up or down, it might take awhile for the changes to be reflected world-wide since the change has to hit every server in every country, and that takes some time. It can take up to 72 hours sometimes.

When you first purchase a domain name and "point" that domain to your hosting, it can take up to 72 hours for every server world wide to be updated with the change. So when some people visit it within that time, some will still see the old host while others will see the new host.

I really don't know how to explain it, I mean, I know exactly what I'm talking about and that IS what is going on. It all has to do with servers being updated with the change from photobucket's servers being up or down, where you're located, etc.

facebook

I really don't know how to explain it, I mean, I know exactly what I'm talking about and that IS what is going on. It all has to do with servers being updated with the change from photobucket's servers being up or down, where you're located, etc.
    Cool, I don't really get it, and, it doesn't really make a difference to me, personally. But, the only reason I said anything is because the examples you gave of problems experienced from this happening weren't the problem that some of the people here were experiencing. That's all I was saying.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yeah it did; some said they couldn't view pictures or log into their accounts and others said they could, and that's because some servers are down while others are still up. lol.

facebook

Yeah it did; some said they couldn't view pictures or log into their accounts and others said they could, and that's because some servers are down while others are still up. lol.

Ok, I was referring to the problem where certain people couldn't see any photos on Pet Talk or anywhere else if they were taken from Photobucket. lol

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Ok, I was referring to the problem where certain people couldn't see any photos on Pet Talk or anywhere else if they were taken from Photobucket. lol
    That's exactly what I was explaining..... I did describe the problem... perhaps you just don't understand??

facebook

I CAN NOT STAND Photobucket!! Their servers are always going down, or are so slow that pictures take forever to load!!

As an alternative I STRONGLY suggest you guys look into using zoto.com You get TWO GIGABYTES of space in which to store your images!!

PS: And PB has more than one server, so if one server goes down but not another, that's why some images will show up and some won't. Likewise, accounts are located on different servers, which is why some are able to access their accounts and upload images and why others can't.

Jessika, this is the only post I was going by. I don't understand all the technical stuff you're talking about causing these problems...you're right, I'm not computer savvy like you obviously are. But, the problems you're stating here...some images showing up and some not, that's not the same as only certain people not seeing any photos from photobucket on pet talk, because it's not that they're only seeing certain images and not others, they're saying they're not seeing any of them...and, some people being able to access their accounts and upload images and others not being able to...also, not the same as certain people not seeing any photos from photobucket on pet talk. And, yes, it is the same as the people saying they can't access their accounts and upload images, sorry I missed that some people were experiencing that problem. I was only referring to the fact that there are some people not seeing any images from photobucket. And, if we're just going back and forth, not making sense to one another, that's all right. It's hard to get my point across to you and vice versa. So, if this doesn't explain what I was trying to say, I give up, because it's not that big a deal, anyway. I'm just bored, and, thought I'd point out why people might still be questioning what was going on. Not necessarily because they hadn't read your post. The End.

My original reply DOES explain the problem.

If they aren't seeing images on Pet Talk, then they won't be able to see images on other websites either. If they're not seeing ANY images, then.. once again, servers are down for them. It's all about server up and down time and photobucket's servers have been known to go down a lot.

LOL I understand you don't understand, I DO understand what you're saying, and my original reply does explain the problem. O_o

EDIT: Ah well, you're right its just talking in circles and obviously I can't explain it well enough to make you understand and vice versa so instead of just talking back and forth lets just call it a day because, honestly, is this really something to get frustrated and worked up over??

facebook