Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official, Annie is no longer a "Little Orphan" I AM SO EXCITED!!!

It's official, Annie is no longer a "Little Orphan" I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I called the Humane Society today, and talked with the gal who had left a message on our answering machine. I told her about how our Little Orphan Annie is doing now. I told her Annie's story, and reminded her that I had been told by staff there at the Humane Society that she would have to be euthanized when I first tried to get some medicine there for her. I also reminded her about my last phone call to the Humane Society about her, when she was approximately six weeks old, when I had told staff then that we were having her treated by our Vet., etc. And I told her that we want to keep her, and are willing to adopt her.

I asked her if they had kept any records there about these contacts I'd had with staff there. She told me that NOBODY there had been keeping very close track of their foster babies, and that she is now working on getting things straightened out in that area. She said she'd talk to the director about waiving the adoption fee for us, but that I'd still need to go there and complete the adoption paperwork, etc.

SO, I got out of work early today, and decided to be brave and take Little Orphan Annie to the Humane Society with me while I filled out the paperwork. I took the carrier they had loaned me to bring her home in, and some left over formula powder, and an extra, smaller carrier that we had here at home, to donate to them. And I took Annie in her OWN new carrier. (I was hoping that the donation of the extra carrier would make things more positive there, etc.)

ANYWAY, the adoption was approved, the fee was waived entirely, and Little Orphan Annie is now legally and officially and furever-after a member of our family! I am so relieved, and happy, and ecstatic, and joyful, etc., etc., etc.! I'm going to work on getting some more pictures of her on here in the next day or so......

Thanks again for all of the support and guidance and information and prayers from so many of you out there, especially back in May when things were really "touch and go" for what seemed like such a long time. I look back on it, and I just know that if you people hadn't given me all the advice you did back then, she probably wouldn't have survived. She is the first little tiny sick kitten I've ever taken care of, and I had no idea what I was doing until I got on this site and so many of you helped out. I will be forever (er, I mean FURever) grateful to Pet Talk for that!

Thanks again, so much, for all the prayers, advice, guidance, emotional support, etc. This forum is the greatest!!!!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Yay Annie!!!! You are now an official member of the family! Happy Gotcha day!!!

Congratulations on the uh hum..new adoption!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Congratulations!! Was there ever any doubt that she was not ALREADY a member of your family? NOT in MY mind! She was yours the day you brought her home, it just took you awhile to admit and accept it! But the paperwork is complete, no more fear of someone wanting to take her away. SO..... Which day is going to be her offocial "Gotcha Day"? (snicker.....snicker....snicker....)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Congratulations! Yay Annie, you're *officially* home!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so excited!!!

CONGRATULATIONS![/COLOR] We knew all along that our little Annie wasn't going ANYWHERE. So, when is her official gotcha day? Annie, you have always been a Pet Talk kitty! Groucho is very happy for you too. He says this calls for a major nip party!!! Sending you lots and lots of scritchies, smoochies, and tummy rubs to celebrate this special day.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Deb, Little Orphan Annie was yours from the get go, but now it is official.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! !!!!

Wait until I tell Willy. He is going to be so happy that his sweetheart is here to stay.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Wonderful news! I bet your hubby is happy too. If I recall correctly, he was the one who stated that Annie wasn't going anywhere. Ooooo, I just love it when a big 'ole manly man turns into a puddle over a fuzzball smaller than his hand.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

And I understand,that there is a certain Willy,in Montreal Canada,that has a crush on Little Orphan Annie,and will be especially thrilled ,that Annie,is now a Pet Talker Cat!!
    The Found Cats,are rejoicing,and Fancy Feast is being served,and Whiskas Temptations,on the side.

Mister Scrappy Angel,and Mr Fluffy Angel.

Last edited by catmandu; 10-05-2005 at 09:40 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Congradulations YEAH!!!!!!!!!
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

As far as WE were concerned, Little Orphan Annie's "GOTCHA DAY" was May 2, 2005. That is the day the Humane Society told me to just bring her back to them so they could euthanize her. That was the day that we knew in our hearts that she would NEVER be going to any other home but ours.

Her full name will always be "Little Orphan Annie" on her medical records, etc., so that we will always remember her start in life. But she is no longer an "orphan", as we have the official adoption paperwork from the Humane Society now. That means that now THEY know she belongs to us, and we belong to her, FUREVER!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

This is excellent news!!! I'm so glad to hear that she's now officially yours!!!

I'm so happy that the worry is over for you and Annie is officially yours! She is a beautiful girl and I'm looking forward to seeing those new pictures.

I am so happy.

This is the kind of news that cheers me up, making me oh so happy!
    Congrats Annie, you are now official in your forever-home!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge