Thread: Look at Roxy

Look at Roxy

http://www.altoona.net/cphs/img/upload/410.jpg

Check out this dog. She's at the Central Pa. Humane Society. I love her markings. I think she's beautiful. I hope she finds a home.

And this is Brandy

http://www.altoona.net/cphs/img/upload/357.jpg

Brnady has been there for a while. I think her time is running out. She is such a pretty dog. Anybody interested?

Both are gorgeous! I hope Brandy gets a home quick.

What beautiful pups. Oh, those faces break my heart. I can't imagine such gorgeous pups not finding homes; who wouldn't love them??? Prayers for Brandy and friend.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What the heck....send Brandy our way...Mike won't care!! They are both beautiful.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by mugsy
    What the heck....send Brandy our way...Mike won't care!! They are both beautiful.
    lol, Mugsy. I doubt they'd send her your way. This is the same place that I had taken Patience to when I first found her running down the backroad. After taking her there, I had contacted a rescue center (PAWS). (I didn't know one existed before) The guy had gone down to see Patience and asked the humane society to call him if nobody adoped her and her time was running out. I had also checked on Patience on the weekends. Well, after ten days they were going to put her down and one of the volunteers said to wait until after the weekend to see if I showed up. Fortunately I showed up that weekend. They told me that this would be her last weekend if i had not taken her, so I brought her home. They never even called the rescue center, nor would they have. While I was there, I noticed a couple boxers there so I contacted the Boxer rescue that was in the county next to mine. They told me that this shelter would not work with them. I don't understand that, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. I always check this website weekly and when the dogs are no longer there I tell myself that somebody finally adopted them. I don't want to think of the alternative.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I hate shelters like that...they claim that they are looking out for the good of the animals but make it near impossible for anyone to adopt them. Then they won't work with any other shelters or rescues on top of that. That is NOT what I would call looking out for the good of the animal. Oh well, I'm off my soapbox now. I wish I could save them all.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I am with you mugsy..I wish I could have more dogs, esp. if it meant saving a life. i keep telling Ralph it is a good thing he married me, or I'd be the weird old lady with all the dogs. I hope someday we have a larger place with a bigger backyeard so maybe I can have 3 or 4, (not that I don't absolutly love having my two!!!)

Well, I AM the weird old lady who has all the dogs!

I live alone with my 4 dogs and feed 4 cats. I had 5 dogs until Chiquita was adopted Saturday. I'd keep a dozen if I could, but my neighbors already filed a complaint (noise). So I'm building a 6 foot wooden fence and have the noisemakers wearing special collars when I'm not home.

Since I can't adopt more, I'll foster as many as I can.

Mary