Thread: Our new woodstove...

Our new woodstove...

I know it's a lame post, but I'm really excited! We finally got our new woodstove all hooked up tonight. It's a thing of beauty! My parents paid for the stove for us as a very generous Christmas gift for the next 10 years or so! Stuart made a deal with a buddy for the huge peice of "butterfly" granite underneath it. We have a couple more things to add--the side "warming" plates and the back guards, but it's usable like this.

The stove is a Valiant Defiant! It's so much better than our old stove and way prettier! It burns more efficiently, less ash, less smoke, way longer burn time from the same logs with way more heat. Our bedroom has always been freezing cold, it's toasty tonight!

The cats love it. I moved some of their beds to in front of it and Paxil has taken up residence beside it.

I've never been so happy about an appliance!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Wow, that's pretty. Congrats! Be sure to take pictures of the doggies and kitties enjoying it.

That is a beautiful woodstove! That would be beautiful in any room!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Gorgeous!!!

That granite looks really familiar...I think my parents have that color in either their kitchen or their master bath. They have Uba Tuba and Verdi Butterfly. Are either of those yours??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

That is wicked, i bet you save a few bucks with that instaed of using gas or electric.
    Always good to save money, plus it looks really good!
    and the puppers just love it.

TERRIFIC !!!!
    I bet your cats will "take" the granite plate before you know it
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Will this be your central source of heat, Glacier? We had a house once that we totally heated with a wood stove. The heating system in that house (a rental house) was horrible and terribly expensive and we loved that wood stove! We have one in the house we own now, too, and use it frequently, but it does not put out enough heat to heat our entire house, even with unused rooms closed off. And we certainly don't deal with the cold temperatures that you do.

Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful gift!!!

Our new woodstove

WooHoo Congrats on the new wood stove & I just think it is grand..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

MMMMMM, that looks toasty!!!!

Be sure to post pics of all the furkids hogging the heat!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

It sure is pretty. Sounds like it will be much appreciated by everyone! I remember seeing a post yesterday about the dogs waterbowl being frozen, so you will probably be making good use of it for awhile!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Originally posted by Logan
    Will this be your central source of heat, Glacier?
    It's our only source of heat of actually. The house has always been heated with a woodstove. This is just an upgrade to one designed to heat the whole space. The old one was put in when the house was quite a bit smaller. The last owner did a big addition, but never changed the stove. There are baseboard heaters in a couple room, but we've never used them.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    It's very handsome! I'm glad you'll be warmer this year!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer