Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!! At least I...

I did it!!! At least I...

... think I did! I quit smoking!! Please excuse me for being so immensely pleased with myself that I simply have to brag about it here....!!! So here goes:

YEES! - HURRAY! - WHIIIII!

When I read furrykidsmothers thread "Do you Smoke?" some time ago - I was still "hooked". But then I joined this "Quit Smoking" course, and I haven't smoked a cigarette now for 17 days. And it feels great!! There'll be no more tobacco crumble in my pockets, no more bad smell in my apartment, no more stinking clothes or hair and, hopefully, no more bronchitis or asthma in the winter.

I know that I'm not out of the woods yet. I still use a nicotine patch, and it will be at least a month before I'm nicotine-free. I could still be tempted, but... I already enjoy my new life as a non-smoker so much that I don't think I shall!

Bella hasn't stated her opinion (!) on our new smoke-free environment, but she did use to stare inquisitorially at me and the cigarette in my hand, waiting for me to put it out - before she leapt on to my lap in the evening. So I guess she's happy with me now!

Have a real nice day, you all!

Lots of love,
    Sus and the Bellacat

Oh! I completely forgot to include what was supposed to be my final remark - so here it is - "And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat another pound of chocolate..."
    Last edited by Sus; 09-13-2005 at 06:18 AM.
    Sus

Well done Sus! You should be very proud of yourself!!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Congrats! That'll probably be the best decision you've ever made!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Way to go Sus And now you'll have to convince Randi

Wow, well done, Sus!! We want so much that our son quits smoking, but he doesn't listen to us . What exactly did you do? Are you doing this under doc's surveillance?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Yahoo Our son is working on his last pack too. His presant to him self for his birthday Oct 6th . He s been smoking for about 6 months. Will be glad He sure stinks He doesn't know how bad.

great job Sus!! Enjoy your chocolate I think you deserve it by giving up smoking.

Congratulations Susanne!!

Well done!! I know you've tried before, and trust me, I also know how hard it is for you. I'm not gonna stop in the next few days, but I AM trying to cut down! Today, I put a nicotine patch on until lunch time and I brought one of the plastic ciggies.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Well done! I am sooo happy for you. I still have 1 or 2 a day, but maybe now with the cooler weather coming I will have incentive to quit. I don't smoke in the house and when it gets cold who wants to stand outside. I hope that I can soon post a thread that I have quit too.

For now, I am so glad to hear that you have quit. What a wonderful feeling it must be. Enjoy the fresh smells!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

CONGRATULATIONS!

We used the color "chocolate" for our post. Hope you enjoy it and the real chocolate too! You deserve it. Way to go!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

CONGRATULATIONS SUS!!! The hard part is over and all you have to think about is "one day at a time." If you fall back and have one ciggie, it's no big deal and don't beat yourself up. 17 days is tremendous accomplishment and I'm so proud of you. In time, you will see and feel the benefits of being smoke-free. Stay close because you are going to need all the support you can get. Kudos to you and please keep us updated on your progress.

xo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Congratulations! That is a great achievement!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Thank you all!

- For your support! I can do with every bit of it...! Some days I hardly think about smoking at all, and some days I tend to think about little else most of the time. I really do try to go "one day at time"!

Love,
    Sus and Bella
    Sus

That's fantastic! It's a great desision, and you must be so proud of yourself!
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old