Thread: Wondering

Wondering

I was wondering how many people with cats such as Jasper like to put their toys in their waterbowl and enjoy climbing into the shower or bath when it's wet from someone just leaving it.
    merril

Mine somethings leave their toys in their water bowl but normally leave them in their food bowls (??) Strange little kitties!

Eepie loves to get in the bathtub. She'll wait until the water is gone then jump in and lick the water droplets off the bottom of the tub.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Lightning is always leaving toys in his waterbowl. Once he left his mousie that runs around in there, and now it doesn't work!
    He loves getting in the tub after a shower, too. He will stand on the edge of the tub and put his one front paw on the faucet, and use the other to shake the water droplets off the hose to the showehead! He also likes to sit at the edge there he won't get wet and watch, saying "what are you DOING??? you are ALL WET!!! i told him one of these days you are going to slip and fall in, and a few minutes later, he did!
    cats are strange.
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

my kitty's arn't big on toy playing, are youngust is but she just likes to play with you not toys
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

my cat HATES water. she hates walking on anything thats wet. she loves to play with her toys though. shes only 6 months. she loves to put all her toys in her little bed. then we dont have to clean up! lol

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Wondering

Yup yup sounds just like three out of six of my babies.. Oh every morning we have to have shower patrol just so I can get in & of course a welcome committee when I get out.. Now the other day was taking a bubble bath & Splenda my youngest kept bringing me her mouse & dropping it the tub with me.. It was so funny..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Yes, Fluffy when she is about done playing with her toy, usually it is a toy mouse and one time it was a wind up one, she likes to put them in the waterbowl. Not sure why they do it, but it is cute isn't it!! One of her favorite "toys" is just a crumpled up peace of paper she may find in Daddy's trash bucket in his office. Those often end up in the water too!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Timmy doesn't play, he kisses, that's his thing, but when i'm taking a shower he'll come in with me and it at the back of the tub by the drain so the water doesn't hit him directly. Or if the water in the bathtub is low enough he'll come and lay ontop of me, and sometimes he sleeps!
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

replies

Thanks everyone looks like it's turned into a good topic.
    I am trying to see if I can get pics out there of Jasper if you could please click on the yellow box if there is one and tell me if you can go anywhere to see pics.
    Otherwise I will ask my daughter to assist.
    cheers

Grover loves to walk around in the shower after somebody has been in it. I haven't seen her put her toys in her water though. Most of the time what she likes to play with better than her toys is my ponytail holders or the rings off the milk jugs. Anyway something she thinks she is stealing!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

My cat Beauty likes to get into the bathtub after someone has just emptied it, when the weather is cold. I think she likes the warmth and does not mind the wet. She also likes to sleep on wet sweaters when they are lying flat on a sweater rack to dry. Funny, funny cat.

My two first cats, Pepper and Chili, who were brothers from the same litter, were both nuts about water. They too were waiting for me to get out of the shower, so that they could get in!

I sometimes made a fish pond for them, using a small tub/washing-up bowl and some small dried fish. They usually scooped up the fish, ate them, and then afterwards they went in for a paddle! It was terribly messy! They kept shaking their wet paws all the time only in order to stick them right back into the water again... And I have a photo of Pepper, standing i a bucket full of luke-warm water. I swear he went in there himself! Unfortunately, I can't prove it, since the pictures are very old. I would have to borrow a scanner first.

Bella hates water, and she always has. It is my experience that most cats that love water, are young cats, and that they often outgrow their fondness of it... So enjoy the sight while you can! Take pictures!

Lots of love,
    Sus and Bella
    Sus

Fister likes to lick running water from the bathroom floor, but I don't think he actually would get into a tub if I had one - but you never know.

Sus, I've not seen that picture, it sounds hilarious! You're welcome to come over and I'll scan it for you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Singing in the Shower, etc.

And here is one additional remark, about my sister's late cat Tribble. He used to like to take showers with her, and he would sing in the shower. As someone else noted was the case with their cat/s, he did seem to outgrow this interest. He also liked to go deep water diving after bugs that happened to fall into water that was left in the bathtub. He was a mixed color-point Siamese, very vocal but with a melodious voice. He was a giant, but so gentle that you could pick him up in the middle of a cat fight (which he was always winning, because he was so fierce), and he would immediately retract his claws and smoothe his fur and return to being the cuddle bunny "tribble" for whom he was named. He also used to like to go sailing. He had his own little custom fit life vest.