Thread: Butterscotch

Butterscotch

Your owners are absolutely genuis Butterscotch girl! Wow! What a great idea - when neglectful owners with surely dozens of dogs mistreat their animals, you found a bright solution. Cheers!
    While there are so many caring and loving breeders in this country, unfort. a good portion are not. I'm so happy you knew to get the heck out of there, and to go right where the love and kisses where waiting.
    (I can just see your new Mom in the pound parking, with her cup of coffee and sunglasses on, intently scanning the roads for hours to make sure that no one got her Butterscotch!)
    As I'm sure you look down from the Rainbow Bridge, you remember all the fun (chase!) and loving times and your courageous and exceptional family.
    We salute you Butterscotch and all the owners like your Mommy.
    Last edited by missprissy; 03-10-2002 at 12:48 PM.

And we think our dogs and cats aren't smart! Butterscotch you KNEW where you belonged - and you kept telling them and telling them - until finally they could find a very clever way to give you much joy and love for a lifetime.

I salute Butterscotch's owners for being persistent and then loving you to pieces for so many years.

You deserved it.

Zippy Kat??

I do believe that I will never forget this picture, and she (Butterscotch) belonged to Tonya, who gave her a loving, happy home. What an honor to see her today as the Dog of the Day, and I know Tonya is probably feeling a little weepy, just looking at her.

She was a gorgeous girl, and hearty congratulations to the whole family on your mammoth efforts to give this girl a wonderful place to live out her life.

Logan

Oh Logan, I didn't know Butterscotch belonged to Tonya!!!

Well, now it is all perfectly clear -- wouldn't you keep running to Tonya's house to live?

ZippyKat - we all sure do love you - and I am so glad that Butterscotch has been honored today.

Originally posted by gini
    ...ZippyKat - we all sure do love you - and I am so glad that Butterscotch has been honored today.
    Butterscotch was one smart little cookie!!! So glad she got to spend her life with such great people!.... Had to borrow Gini's qoute cause she took the words right outa my mouth. I couldn't have said it better, Zippy.

Logan, when I saw that Butterscotch was from Hobbs, NM I remembered that Zippy lives there and wondered if there was a connection (relative, etc.?) Butterscotch, your story was wonderful and we hope that, even though you are at the Rainbow Bridge, somehow you know you are being honored today. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed so many wonderful years.

Oh, Butterscotch!!! You are sooo beautiful! You had such a wonderful, loving, and caring family! Congratulations, on being the most loved Dog of the Day!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I was thrilled when I saw it was our Bridge baby, ButterScotch. I know that Tonya misses her deeply.
    Tonya is in Wyoming for a horse show this weekend. She may not even know yet that her girl was DOTD!
    I know she will be so happy.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Tonya,

Butterscotch was such a pretty girl. I'm so glad you were able to save her from that awful breeder. I know you are so proud of your girl and I'm sorry you were out of town on her day. I wonder if your sister got to see her yet.

Congrats to your beautiful Rainbow Bridge girl.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Congrats. Tonya on having your Butterscotch being the dog of the day for a lovely Sunday!
    Missprissy had just the right words to say. Butterscotch had a wonderful life and so glad that she found your family zippy.

Yep, she's mine!

I *Just* got in...and recieved my msgs from the wkend. HOw sad I am to have missed her day but I'm happy she was honored!

ButterScotch I miss you sooo much. You've left some big shoes for Sara to fill. (However, your 'shoes' were definitely feminine--Sara seems to be filling up clown shoes lol) I miss you sweetie and I'm sorry to have missed your special day!

Fifteen years is never enough is it?

Tonya, does that figure that Sunday was the first day I missed posting on Dog of the Day in ages. I am so sorry.
    I am so glad that "Butterscotch" was honored on a special Sunday as Dog of the Day. We all know that she was special to you and Congratulations to dear, sweet, Butterscotch our very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie

ButterScotch ~ A Beatutiful FurKid, Tonya...

ButterScotch...

Tonya ~

That's a gorgeous photo to remember such a beatutiful FurKid with!

ButterScotch ~ Tonya's Dog of the Day...

I can only imagine all the fond memories you have of
    growing up with her... Cherish each one!

/s/ Phred