Thread: Meet my babies

Meet my babies

Please meet my babies Trixie, Bo and Jazz, whom I love dearly. Trixie and Bo will be 2 years old this month. Trixie was a surprise birthday gift from a friend's friend after my soul cat companion , BeeBee, passed away after 19 1/2 years together. I didn't think I was ready for another cat yet (5 months after BeeBee died), but I chose Trixie out from the 4 littermates because she was so beautiful and built like a rock. (She's petite but weighs 13 pounds now - a bowling ball with legs.)

Trixie was such a wild child (she had two speeds - asleep and wide open) that I went to ASPCA to get her a playmate. I had my heart set on a black and white kitty but here was this little orange and white boy with a motor the size of a semi. I immediately fell in love and named him Bo within 15 seconds (it's a southern thing.) Bo has a sweet, gentle nature and loves belly rubs. His "gold medal" in the middle of his chest indicates his number one cat status.

I had no intentions of my family increasing until almost 2 months ago when this pitiful little white/gray kitten showed up at the elementary school where I teach. She had a sore eye, was dirty, and looked like she hadn't eaten in a week but purred nonstop. By the time I was talked into adopting this "stray" kitty and received permission from my wonderful principal to leave school for a while to take the kitten to the vet, we found out that the kitten actually belonged to a 2nd grader named Jasmine. The mother was called, she came to school to get the kitten but she acted like she couldn't care less about the poor thing and said they'd only found the kitten two weeks before at the dump and that she could hardly feed her own kids (my school is in a low-income area.) I wouldn't have taken the kitten if the little girl had objected, but fortunately, she didn't and Jazz (named after Jasmine) has become a welcome, high-energy addition to our family. I'm convinced that Jazz would not have survived had I not taken her as within a few days she had a 106 degree fever that the vet said she was probably harboring in her body for a while and was coming out in the sore eye. Her previous owners would never have been able to afford to take her to the vet.

Jazz and I are blessed - and Bo and Trixie, too. I couldn't imagine life without any one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't know why Jazz and Trixie's pictures didn't attach. Let me try this again.

Okay, here I go again with Trixie's picture. Could someone help me with attaching more than 1 picture?

Former User Guest
    Harley, they are all gorgeous, I love that pic of Trixie!!

I think you can only attach one pic/post...not sure though, ask Paul or Spencer.

Harley, they're sooo gorgeous!!! I want to cuddle all of them! So happy you took Jazz as well! I can't bear to think what would have happened otherwise! You're an angel!!!

Give them all a big hug!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OMG! Trixie looks just like my kitten(shes almost 10 months old) but just bigger! Wow~ Too bad i dont have a way to show you guys a pic of her...

Harley, great pictures! You have a beautiful family! Welcome to Pet Talk and prepare to become addicted! It's great to have you!

Harley

You have a beautiful family! And I love this phrase..."a bowling ball with legs." That is priceless! Well, welcome to PetTalk and we look forward to seeing and reading more about your furbabies!

You could add Bo's pic to my grumpy pics list which i posted, aside from that they are lovely.

Harley,
    Thanks for posting pics of your Kitties. I also
    loved hearing something about each one.What a
    Terrific family of furkids !!! p.s. So glad that you found Jazz in time to
    help her.She's a Sweetie, but then, so are
    Bo and Trixie. Liz.

Harley
    Thanks for sharing the pictures of your precious family - they're all gorgeous - you must be so proud. Welcome to Pet Talk - you'll love hanging around this site, it's a lot of fun

Wow!

Such lovely furrbabies Harley - many thanks for posting.

Lynne

Hi Harley and welcome to Pet Talk! Your babies are absolutely precious and I'm so glad that you found and kept little Jazz!! The story of your furfamily is so touching!! Thanks for sharing it with us! We love pics and storys about furbabies here at Pet Talk!! Prepare to become addicted! LOL LOL
    **hugs**
    Karen

I love looking at everyones babies! Thanks