Thread: How can I convince my mom?

How can I convince my mom?

Hi everyone. Its been a long time since I have been on here. I can only get online every so often. Can y'all help me out with somethin'? We are going to be moving to a bigger place this summer, and my mom says that I can get a dog. Well, she wants a little Brussels Griffon or a Pomeranian. Those are great dogs but I would much rather have a bigger dog. I really want a Doberman Pinscher. She doesn't really like the idea of owning a dog with such a bad reputation. She also doesn't like to idea of have such a big dog that eats a lot. I have told her that I can help around the house in order to feed the dog. I also tried to give her examples of many Dobermans helping people. I show her pictures of service Dobies and rescue Dobies. I have even told her that German Shepherds have just a bad rep as Dobies and my friend has a GSD who is absolutely great w/ kids and is incredibly intelligent. I give her that as an example and tell her that at all depends on how well the animal is socialized. She is still contimpating on the whole idea. Does anyone have any ideas/pics/stories that can help me out? That would be great! Thanks!

Yup! Go to Dog of the Day (just hit the link at the bottom of any Pet Talk page) and hit the search button. Search for Doberman, and then read her the stories of the lovely, loving Dobes who have been Dog of the Day!

Doberman's were featured in the February (2002) issue of Dog Fancy. Maybe you can get a copy of that from the library? They were also the dog on Bredd All About It on Animal Planet this morning. If you have cable, maybe you can see if it is going to be replayed soon. I only watched part of it, but I know they were talking about dobie's as police dogs, assisstance dogs, etc.

Good luck!

Great hearing from you!! Good luck on getting the Dobe.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Those beautiful Dobermans do not have a bad reputation - some people that own them have. It just makes me furious when animals are sterotyped as being mean or aggressive. People are mean and aggressive and can pass the temperment onto their dogs AND THEIR KIDS!!!!!

Dobies

I had a couple dobies when I was a teen because I was home alot by myself and my parents got me the dogs for protection. The female was a good protector and a great dog. The male was just a big red happy klutz. My son had a female dobie as well for almost two years, She was so good. You couldnt asked for a better dog. But unfortunately she died of a spider bite/ We live out near the woods. Hope this helps.

DOBIES are GREAT DOGS.
    Taz's Mom