Thread: Job Search Update

Job Search Update

Well, its going pretty well.

I got a call from Barrington Staffing. They're looking for an Administrative person for their own staffing, but are an agency that joins people with companies. Its a staffing agency, but one that hires only highly capable people, not just anyone looking for a job. YAY!! I have an interview on Tuesday. The woman that called me said my resume was, "Truly awesome!" and that she had a number of companies in mind for me.

I also got a call today from Simi Valley Hospital (my first choice). The woman was a bit scary...she's head of hiring there and kind of...well...totally intimidating!!

Anyway, this is where I need your help. The job is for a Medical Staff Asst. I'd be sitting in on physician meetings, taking notes, sending them out, sending out follow-up letters, being in charge of the patient/doctor referral data base, and assisting staff and physicians. Not exactly working WITH patients, but oh my gosh, I'd be dealing DIRECTLY with doctors...talk about learning a TON of medical information!!

What should I do to prepare for this? I don't really know a lot of medical terminology outside of what's happened to me...and what I've heard/read about other people. Any ideas? I want to outshine whomever is interviewing as well. One good thing is medically, I'm like a sponge and remember everything I hear. But how do I show that to her?? I don't want to tell her I have crohn's.

OH, prayers would be wonderful too. I want whatever God wants for me. I trust Him to know what's best for me...even if it means not working where I initially want to.

So, any ideas on how to prepare??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Grab a few books and start to read...

Start with an anatomy book.....just a medium level book to start with.......maybe a JR high school anatomy book..

Show interest and tell her that you are looking to become a DR...

Be nice, smile and BE ENTHUSIASTIC..

GOOD LUCK!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

GREAT ideas, thanks Richard!!

*bump*

Kelly, here a page with lots of links that may be of help with the medical terms stuff.
    http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?ei...ogy&meta=vc%3D

Good luck!
    Keeping you in my prayers.

Chris

richards right about the texts. there are lots of good medical books on terminology and a grays' medical dictionary is a blessing once you get the job. be very well dressed, but conservativly. don't wear jangly bracelets when you're there to do the notetaking, i saw a secretary once doing that, and one of the primadonnas fussed about it.(sheesh). prayers going up and remember, THEY would be lucky to have you work for them!, and oh yeah, sign up for the 403B right away when they hire you!!!!
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Thanks for the link, Chris!! I'll look into that.

Joycenalex:
    I printed out the intro (or each subject) of Gray's ...its taught me a ton so far. Thanks for the tip! Thank you also for the tips on how to present myself.

I'll keep you all updated.

Sounds very interesting. I would ask lots of questions about the medical terminology aspect of the job. How much you need to know etc. If it's allot , I would check into taking a class in medical terminology, see if they will pay. It's better to be honest about lack of knowledge, then being put into a situation where everyone expects you to know it all ready then you frustrate yourself and them. Hope that makes sense (It's hard to come up with complete sentances at 6:25 a.m. LOL).
    Dont be surprised/alarmed, you might have to take a physical for pre-employment.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Kelly,

I know whatever job you apply for you'll be great at! Prayers coming your way from Michigan!

Love and kisses,

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!