Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Besides English... do you speak any other foreign language?

Nope

I took 2 years of german in high school, remember pretty much nothing...few words and such that's it.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    Nope

I took 2 years of german in high school, remember pretty much nothing...few words and such that's it.
    You speak fluent Nebo, though, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Originally posted by jenfer
    ditto.
    That's so cool! Are you a first generation or perhaps even an immigrant? I'm a first generation and am glad I am. It keeps me in close touch with my heritage :>)

LOL Prechrswife, do they need any language help, now? Also, are they adopting the son? That's so sweet. My heart goes out to all the unwanted children. My mother was nearly given up, but the neighbors convinced my grandmother to keep her. Thank God!

Originally posted by Giselle
    LOL Prechrswife, do they need any language help, now? Also, are they adopting the son? That's so sweet. My heart goes out to all the unwanted children. My mother was nearly given up, but the neighbors convinced my grandmother to keep her. Thank God!
    They are adopting the little boy, and should be coming home on Saturday. I will ask about the language help and get back to you.

That's an amazing story about your mother. Thank God for those neighbors!

I speak English (of course), Urdu, some Punjabi (I understand it all but can't quite speak it well), and I know some Arabic too. I can read/write in Arabic, understand quite a bit, and speak some, BUT, I do NOT know it fluently. Spanish? Well....I know the Spanish numbers 1-10 (thanks Sesame Street), and I guess I know a few words, but that's it. LOL!

German. Took it for 5 years in school- 7th grade through 11th grade.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I took Spanish in grade school, I can still order in Mexican food in Spanish (my husband speaks it fluently) . Then I took French in Jr. high and 2 years in college, I've lost most of it, but still keep my French/English dictionary handy. My Mom's family were French Canadian, they used to speak French when they didn't want us kids knowing what they said!

Originally posted by Giselle
    That's so cool! Are you a first generation or perhaps even an immigrant? I'm a first generation and am glad I am. It keeps me in close touch with my heritage :>)
    I am an immigrant. Glad and proud that I can speak Cantonese fluently and also able to read and write!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Goodness! In that case, I really have to commend you! My mum immigrated when she was 20 and speaks with your stereotypical choppy-Chinese/English. It's hilarious because I'm the only one who can decipher her "language" I've always felt bad that I couldn't read and write Chinese, though. That's one of my many regrets, LOL.

Prechrswife, I'd be glad to help with any language barriers. I'm not as fluent as Jenfer probably is, though