Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair help - is my makeover hopeless?

Hair help - is my makeover hopeless?

I think I am hopeless. In April, I had my long hair cut to chin length and nice foilhighlights added. I came home all glamorous..

But, the hair in my face drives me nuts and this is how I ended up wearing it - pulled back with a frumpy headband...

I am going back in today to get a haircut and more highlights and this is how I look again...

Headband always!! I LOVE how it looks part way in my face and think I look nice that way - but HOW can I get used to it? Is there a product that isn't too stiff that will help hold it? Mousse? Spray? What? Do I just have to get used to it?? My hair is babyfine and I have to wash it everyday. Am I hopeless?? I am not ready to go to anything too short - have always had LONG hair and am trying to look my age (well sort of ) I took several years to grow bangs out to all one length...but am considering bangs again. Never really liked them though.
    HELP!!

PS: My 51st birthday is coming in a few weeks and maybe I am feeling old? I really want to try and look like I am not out of the American Gothic painting
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 08-30-2005 at 11:33 AM.

I cannot live without bangs, I tried to grow them out and couldn't stand it.

I think bangs accent the eyes. How about a good hairspray? I like big sexy hair spray and play....spray some of that on and your hair won't go anywhere.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Originally posted by caseysmom
    I cannot live without bangs, I tried to grow them out and couldn't stand it.

I think bangs accent the eyes. How about a good hairspray? I like big sexy hair spray and play....spray some of that on and your hair won't go anywhere.
    I will welcome any suggestions....but part of my problem I think is that I am an aging hippie generation. Long hair is all I have known and I have never gotten used to any products in my hair - I have always wanted it clean and moving yanow?? I will try some different sprays maybe - I also liked bangs but having such fine hair, well that takes off a big percentage of my hair!! hmmm....I did have lots of bangs though - maybe I can have her cut me just a small layer of bangs....THANKS!!
    Oh and here is 2003 when I still had the bangs..
    Was I really THAT much younger only two years ago?? I look younger here i think

Hey!
    If you are always tying it up, cut it short like I did.
    You could try registering at:

www.morphases.com and changing your hair color, length in the photo before actually cutting it.

PS: you look cute in the first photo.

I like the first photo too, it is sexy and sophisticated. Try just a bit of hairspray on that style.

I have been frosted!

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip3908.htm

I am thinking of Reba's hairstyle for you or
    Allison Mack's.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

That first photo is super sexy! I think bangs are a bit dated, and you should ask your stylist for a better way to keep your hair in place.

I understand 100%! My hair is your style, chin length bob, no bangs and I can NOT stand it touching my forehead no matter how good it looks. ALWAYS in a headband, rubber band or barrette. Which is probably why I don't think your hair looks bad with the headband. Sure, it looked good in that first photo, mine looks pretty good like that too, but it gives me headahes and drives me to distraction, so how glamourous is that?? Hair spray would not keep it off my face, I would need glue. So I just buy and use the headbands and other hair accesories and like it.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I think you look better without the bangs, but, that was a lot of bangs you had in that photo. Bangs can be either really outdated or ridiculously hot on the right face and cut the right way. Bangs cut a certain way are great looking. I know what you mean about the hair in the face thing, I have a hard time not tucking mine behind my ears...I try really hard though because I know how much better it looks when I leave it alone.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I am back

Thanks everyone - for the comments and suggestions in all THREE threads - I read everything and ran out for my appointment. I have pretty much the same cut as in April when I first made the *big change* My stylist talked me OUT of bangs and I am glad as they took soooo long to grow out and are more trouble than I am willing to take. I had highlight put in but they are not as light blonde as last time - she used a "light honey brown" so I have three colors and it looks more natural plus grows out nicely and I am lazy!! Thanks again for helping me decide!! Oh and here I am
    Just home and looking all glamorous again...see the new colors?? There is my natural light brown, some pale blonde and the newest "honey" color she put in with foil.

Hair in my face lasted about a half hour and in went the headband!! So - I will hunt for some cute new handbands to wear - I like them really thin and have some that look like necklaces with beads, etc.
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 08-30-2005 at 05:29 PM.

I have been watching for pictures! It looks really cute! I don't see anything wrong with some cute headbands.

What did hubby say?

I have been frosted!

You can get some really pretty headbands at the accessory stores like Ardene's. There are metal ones with like beads, stones and flowers on them. And in all kinds of colors and all you see it the stones and things. Really cute and very versatile too.

I like the color and I am glad you didn't go with the bangs. You look really good without them. And I always find that if you need to get an updo done for a wedding or something the nicest ones are the ones without bangs.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Great color!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by caseysmom
    What did hubby say?
    He likes it longer and he likes bangs - but he said it looks nice and he likes it What is it with men and LONG hair??

I dont' know, my hair is pretty long, I am 44 so I am not sure how long (no pun intended) I can get away with it this long.

My husband always tells me its my hair wear it how I want, it is actually easier for me long like this, I have wispy bangs in the front. I will get brave and post a picture sometime.

I have been frosted!