Thread: Help!! Coral's sick!!

Help!! Coral's sick!!

Well, I'm sad to say I noticed a really weird bump on my betta, Coral's side today! It's protruding quite a bit, and she doesn't seem to have very much control over her tail, and it's kind of crooked. Sorry, I don't have any pictures right now, but maybe someone can help, I have no idea what to expect, or what this is...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I'm sorry, coral!

I don't know how to help you but giving you his link, listed of diseases might help you.. that way, you can rule out a couple of her symptoms.

I've done everything for my little fellow, drapples and he just died this morning. I felt I've done everything wrong.. hope someone will be able to help you soon!

hugs,
    ..gina & rainbow drapples
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Thanks Gina! From looking over that list of diseases, the symptoms sound like either of these:

Constipation

Symptom: A string of feces hanging from the betta, swollen of the stomach, lack of appetite, sluggishness

Cause: This is often cause by a lack of variety in the diet, feeding starchy food, or living in poor water condition,

Treatment: Fast the betta for 2 days and feed it with plant and vegetable such lettuce, pea, etc for the next 2 days. Following treatment feed your betta with a diet of proper variety foods.

Dropsy

Symptoms: Pinecone appearance caused by the scales protruding out from a swollen abdomen.

Causes: Dropsy is caused by a bacterial or viral infection usually brought about by poor water condition or poor nutrition.

Treatment: Commercial treatments such as Tetracycline, Maracyn 2, Kanacyn, or Epsom Salt are available and can be successful if dropsy is detected early. Dropsy is very difficult to treat and often fatal.

I know I can handle constipation, because Fizz has become constipated before, but mom would never let me get commercial treatments for a fish! -sigh- And dropsy can be fatal...oh no...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Oh gosh, Coral's barely doing anything now...just mainly sitting at the bottom of her bowl, and she only comes up when I go near her. Any more suggestions?

Thanks Kay!!

I'm sorry but I don't have any idea what it could be...I will be thinking of you and Coral and wishing you guys the best!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

6. Oh Katie! I'm sorry, why don't you try picking up BettaFix, at Wal-Mart...let me post this on that forum, that I tried to help Gina out on, you may wanna sign up later though...I don't know what to say!

7. Heres the link to help you Katie!

CLICK THIS...

So sorry Coral isn't feeling well, I would do a water change and add some aqua salt. Then a nice pea for dinner, and get some Maracyn or BettaFix.

Let us know how she's doing.

poor Coral

I just HOPE it isn't dropsy... that'd be horrible.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
    Thanks Gina! From looking over that list of diseases, the symptoms sound like either of these:

Constipation

Symptom: A string of feces hanging from the betta, swollen of the stomach, lack of appetite, sluggishness

Cause: This is often cause by a lack of variety in the diet, feeding starchy food, or living in poor water condition,

Treatment: Fast the betta for 2 days and feed it with plant and vegetable such lettuce, pea, etc for the next 2 days. Following treatment feed your betta with a diet of proper variety foods.

Dropsy

Symptoms: Pinecone appearance caused by the scales protruding out from a swollen abdomen.

Causes: Dropsy is caused by a bacterial or viral infection usually brought about by poor water condition or poor nutrition.

Treatment: Commercial treatments such as Tetracycline, Maracyn 2, Kanacyn, or Epsom Salt are available and can be successful if dropsy is detected early. Dropsy is very difficult to treat and often fatal.

I know I can handle constipation, because Fizz has become constipated before, but mom would never let me get commercial treatments for a fish! -sigh- And dropsy can be fatal...oh no...

I don't think its Dropsy. Dropsy makes ur fish really fat (bloated) & that bloating causes the scales to stick out wards.

Hes what a goldfish looks like with Dropsy

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I don't know much on Betas, except that the lump could be cancer or an infection.

katie! go & check that link out! they've been so informative.. there's a quite few questions waiting out there for you!

howw is she doing today? I know how you're feeling, I'm still feeling that way! when the animals are so helplessly, we bleed. but don't give up!

sorry could no further help...except here's good luck hugs for you!

..gina & spirit
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..