Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which famous dog is the cutest?

Which famous dog is the cutest?

I was a full time couch potato this weekend due to a cold so I got LOTS of tv watching done! I watched "As Good As It Gets" and have come to the conclusion that Virdel (sp?), the little Brussel Griffon, has got to be the MOST adorable of all movie star dogs I have EVER seen! That little doll is almost too cute for words. So does anyone have a favorite movie star dog? If so post which big screen dog makes your heart melt

I put Rin Tin Tin, and Old Yeller toward the top of my list.

But my favorite is Lassie. The dog that adopted me, Eli, is a collie lab mix.

------------------
    Recently adopted by 3 cats: Jackson, Rosie, Fluffy; a dog: Eli; some fish, and my fiancee: Lynn (Vi Co Bi)

My current favorite is Eddie on the
    show Frazier.
    I watched part of "As Good as it Gets" yesturday, and I have to agree with you,
    Virdel sure is a cutie.

I'll go for Rex & Fly (& their puppies), the border collies from the movie 'Babe'. And, of course, Lassie!

Definitely Otis, the little pug, from the movie Otis & Milo! He stole my heart!

I'm an Eddie lover too.

I love all the dogs in commercials too. There is a new for for Advantage where the dogs are at the groomers and are talking about other dogs. It's a stitch.

I think Wishbone, the dog on PBS who acts out different books is adorable. I saw one episode where he was dressed up as Robin Hood and it was great!

I love the little smooth coated fox terrier in "My Dog Skip" I couldn't get him out of my head for days. Then I found out that Eddie from 'Frasier' played Skip in his older years. Also love all the above mentioned nominees. Oh, and "Mom" and Rex, the Border Collies from the movie "Babe" really stole my heart. Old Yeller is another heartbreaker! But who can forget Lassie and Rin Tin Tin!!! Ahhhh. I can never pick just one!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited March 12, 2001).]

Rachel I love that commercial too!! I also finally saw the commercial for Celebrex with the papillon!

i dont know if any of you watch music videos? but in sorry miss jackson by outkast video there is a little dog walking across a piano and i thought that was cute but my fav moust famous dog is Rin Tin Tin i thoguht i would be the first to say this... gsd's r truely the most beautiful dogs ever!!

I can't watch Ole Yeller again. I cry and I hate crying. I loved Benji. That's the first dog from a movie I ever remember wanting as my own. Right now Eddie from Frasier is my favorite. He's a hoot! And if we can put cartoons in the mix, I have to put my vote in for Lady and the Tramp.

Hey, Pam! Celebrex commercial is a Border Collie..the diet drug...whatever it's called..is with a Papillon..I think of Pet Talk Sophie every time!!! I love every dog even the Dogue de Bordeaux from Turner and Hooch..but I'm a Border Collie lover, so Rex and Fly in Babe get my vote! I also love those Purina (Must be the dog chow!) commercials where the lab runs through the front door and knocks over the guy and the other one where the guy gets licked to death!!! Isn't there also a toliet paper commerical where the kids put it up against the cabinets and then they call the puupy in to eat and it runs into the rolls..soft and absorbant??? I'm just a sucker for all dog movies and commercials!!! Can't watch Old Yeller anymore, though either..Boo Hoo!! Actually, I think the dog in the diet pill commercial is a King Charles Spaniel!! Cute! Cute! Cute!!!

[This message has been edited by karen israel (edited March 13, 2001).]

Karen, you got to look real hard to spot the Papillion in the Celebrex commercial (and there are different variations of it, some are shortened versions, it is not in). The border collie is with a dog walker, but it is running ahead free. When you see the dog walker with the other dogs (and you got to be quick because it is just on for a second) you will see a papillion among the dog walker's dogs.

Rachel's right. I kept missing the papillon because sometimes the commercial is a shortened version and also the papillon is just a quick blip on the screen. If you blink you could miss it!

I like the Cairn Terrier from "Lost & Found"
    he was just so cute. Or how about the dog from "There's something about Mary" and the Doberman from "Eye of an Angel"(great movie) But my favorit classics are Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.