Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear, Hopes For Chance!

Oh Dear, Hopes For Chance!

my heart weights over thousand pounds and thought I'd count on you guys!!

some of you have known my precious little guy, chance has been through a lot last week already. neutering, not breathing, stayed in ICU overnight, came home all clumsy, weak, unhungry and tires a lot.

until just yesterday, he seems all better! he especially likes to surprise & bounce on (at least) one of his furriends. and runs up to the top of the cat tree, then down so quick that nofurry could catch him. he was having fun until this morning, running around anxiously from a corner to another, trying to get his hot, hot bowels out - he'd just run endlessly (only on tiles, thankfully!) and tried to go until I picked him up and took him to bathroom, shut the door from others so he'd be alone and calm down! I stayed in there with him, reinforcing my chance.

he finally did his business, 50% softer still easy to pick up and it's about 60% covered in blood! he crieeees.

I'm extremely stressed out, I absolutely don't have any dollar more on me right now and I can't bring him to any vet unless I find one that would allow me arrange an payment. I know I shouldn't wait on this little guy any longer, what I can do now is to call his dr. coast and see if he'd at least compromise billing me or can tell me what to do next.

please wing over a hopeful vibe for chance & hope it's nothing serious. he's only seven months old, that hurts more. *taking a deep sigh*
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Prayers on ther way for Chance.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Ah, poor baby. Prayers are being said for Chance.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Aw, poor little guy. I hope he's feeling a little better by now. Prayers are on the way!!!!!

Blessings,
    Mary

answer machine...answer machine...answer machine..

I decided to email doctor coast so I'd get the questions directly to him. he usually checks his email on weekends too and now I'm waiting!

chance seems fine, has been chasing a biiig fly. he ate his breakfast okay this morning too. I'll be back with new update.

god bless you!
    ..gina & chance

Gina, I didn't check in much yesterday so I just saw this. I hope Chance is doing better today. He sounds like he is feeling OK. Did you get any answer from the vet yet?

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

he does that again this morning on tile. but probably 40% covered in blood this time. and is now playing with his plushy catnipped mouse.

strange.. if I've had blood in mine, I wouldn't feel too good!

no message from the vet yet, I expected that. but hopefully by tomorrow!! right now I'm soothing him tummy with few pumpkin bites.

get back to you soon,
    ..gina, chance & his furriends

Gina, you are of course right to check with a vet...and of course follow their advice, but I have had cats do this for several not very serious reasons.

1. they have been going a lot and the inside end of their tract is irratated. If the blood is bright red and on the outside of the poo, this is often the case.

2. they have what amounts to a cat hemeriod which bleeds on occassion...again bright red on the outside of the poo and the bleeding stops almost immediately after the b.m is done.

If the poo is all very dark, marbled throughout with blood or looks like coffeegrounds, there are more likely to be more serious issues going on than irratated tissues...

His playing, eating, etc. are good signs.

Good wishes....

thank you, barncat! as I have worked in animal hospital before and only work in emergency rooms so I don't really know that much about "basic" (exam room) problems -

posted by barncat
    2. they have what amounts to a cat hemeriod which bleeds on occassion...again bright red on the outside of the poo and the bleeding stops almost immediately after the b.m is done.
    this probably is.

he did again this morning but in the tub bath this time with a blood trail. he wiped his rear against it, I wonder what must have really hurt him. it's the worst diarrhea today. about 20% of blood covered too. and is still being a silly boy. I'm still gonna keep an eye on him in case he gets lethargic. I just pray it isn't the beginning of giardia (chronic tummy bacteria) or IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).. IBD is a constant, most struggling problem..yikes. what I'm worried is chance could been caught with conjunctivitis from his mother, star. star was found with awful conjunctivitis and treated immediately. please, please god, not let it be.

it has been all day now, I gave up and gave my dr. coast another call, only the nurse answered. I asked her to have dr. coast check my email asap. she informed me that dr. coast is out sick today..argh. that's probably is why he hasn't answered my weekend email.....sigh.

so, I did some research on temporary (home) remedies for him.. pumpkin bites is what they offer most (rice & cooked chicken actually). I'm gonna add some more nibbles to digest better but afraid that'd hurt him more.

thank you all for your thoughts and chance'd like you to see him!

hugs all,
    ..chance & gina

I sure hope that Chance is feeling better and that the doctor responds to you soon. Poor baby!! I know that it isn't uncommon for diarrhea to be accompanied by blood. Is he still eating and playing normally?

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Poor guy. I hope that you are able to find out what's wrong with him. Feel better baby!!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

THE FOUND CATS,ARE SENDING PRAYERS,TO CHANCE THAT HE WILL BE ALL RIGHT,AND THE VET,WILL HAVE,JUST THE RIGHT MEDICINE,THAT WONT COST HIS MEOWMIE,A FORTUNE!
    TIGER ,AND KARINA ANGELS,ARE COMING,TO SIT,WITH CHANCE,UNTIL HE FEELS BETTER!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm crying now.. I was happy to see his better poo poo (this time in the sink), it's harder but soft and a little bit softer than usual. there was a lot of dark red/purple blood/mucous covered the end of his poop-sides still though.

after I cleaned up, it was their breakfastime - chance never came.. I saw him laying fown up the highest of cat tree, whistled for him, he wouldn't lift his head up that much - opened his eyes slowly, scared the daylight out of me - I ran up to him, took him into my arms. he was purring very, very lightly and not wanting go down as usual. he was so warm and so quiet.. on way out to all day meeting, I called the local vet, panicking what to do. argh, I kept on getting disconnected while stopping at redlights.

I came back home hoping he'd at be least himself! I found him ducking in crayola's toychest. he's not the chance I know. I'm glad his temp is cooler than this morning. I tried his baby rice & pieces of chicken again, he only took two or three bites. he isn't interested in playing at all - swatted his brothers off as "leave me alone, I don't feel good!"

I'm afraid, since how he behaves like this today after his red/mucous diarrhea, it's a symptom of colitis (large intestine inflammatione) - especially in young cats like him!

it is time now, I am going to take him to vet tomorrow- (walk-ins permit). they can't really make me pay if I don't have anything on me but I know I will find a way. just for my dear chance boy, I can't afford risking anything.

please send in thoughts that he'll get throughout the night okay!
    ..gina & so-chance

Lots and lots of good thoughts coming for Chance. Poor little boy. You know you can PM me Gina if you need to talk ok.

((((((((HUGS))))))))) for you and Chance

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Gina, I hope that Chance will be okay and feel better soon. Good luck at the vets tomorrow.