Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Pal Blackie

Hybrid View

My Pal Blackie

I wanted you all to see my new friend, my Paw Pal Blackie, from "PuppyMill Rescue." I thought the Chihuahua Moms would especially like seeing him. Thanks to Aly, who gave us the link here on Pet Talk a couple of months ago, I was able to make Blackie (a.k.a. "Black Jack") a part of our extended family. Hope this little boy finds his forever home soon! I'll be getting monthly updates, so, all paws crossed!! The director is not too, too confident as he is still very shy and has several health issues, including a broken chest bone which was not reset before it healed. But even if he is not adopted, he will never leave a loving foster home! He did find one forever home, but was returned The shelter described him as "older" (he is 7 years old) and not too "pretty!" I think he's precious; don't you??

P.S.....My first Paw Pal Bill Jr., a yellow Labbie, was transferred to Lab Rescue! Seems he was a typical Lab puppy, with a penchant for escaping his confines! He needed the love and guidance of an experienced Lab Mom!!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 03-09-2002 at 05:04 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra,

That's soooo Neat !!! I didn't know you were a Paw Pal.
    What a sad past for Blackie, yet another disappointment
    after he thought he had found a 'forever home' and was
    returned. Congrats to you on getting a New Pal !!! Liz.

SANDRA!!! You big sweetheart!! How nice of you to do that for precious Blackie. That is just my favorite site. I need to go there and get a new Paw Pal ASAP!

Blackie reminds me of Tabby, my 7 yr old foster Chi who I am taking through heartworm treatment right now.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh, what a little cutie!!!! The wonderful Sandra has come through again for a pup in need!! You're the best! Wishing little Blackie good luck in finding a forever home.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

How can they describe him as "not too pretty". I personally think that he's SOOO cute. Welcome to the newest member of your extended family!

Hi Sandra,

Just wondering if you would please post updates
    from time to time(when you get them), on your
    new Pal Blackie? I would consider him part of
    the Pet Talk Pack too. It would also serve as
    a nice reminder to us all of the existance of
    these Puppymill rescues in need of a Special Pal.
    Thanks, Liz.
    Last edited by lizbud; 03-13-2002 at 12:30 PM.

What a terrific idea, Liz!!! Sandra, just put that on your list of 1000 things you have to do!!!! I do hope you'll be able to give us a periodic update, even if you just do the cut and paste thing!

Logan
    (who happens to think Blackie is a doll)

I can't see the picture!! ((( You are a good person to save the little puppy mill victim....I can't even look at pictures of those places without being disgusted. Keep us up to date!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Mugsy,

Just wanted to say that the rescuers don't go to the
    mills to get these dogs but usually buy them at dog
    auctions and bring them into a rescue situation. You
    won't see pictures of the dreaded puppymills, those
    people are much to savy to let anyone in with a camera
    that would reveal their dirty secrets. Auctions are held
    by the millers to sell off the old, maimed and used up dogs.
    (Ones that have stopped reproducing for them) The dogs who
    have little chance at being rehabilitated & adopted, can be
    helped by people who can sponser them by being a Pal.

I can guarantee that if you check out the rescue at

http://igrescue.org/index2.html

you will find "happy endings that will warm your heart",
    and even give you some hope for the human species
    after all. There really are more dog lovers in this world
    than we will ever know. Liz.
    Last edited by lizbud; 03-13-2002 at 06:47 PM.

OMG!!! I'm so happy, and so will Blackie be, to know that he has so many friends. Oh, please, do not give me ANY credit for "saving" the little Blackie! That is credit due the wonderful people all over the country who devote their LIVES to saving these tortured souls!!! And to the true foster parents who share their homes and their hearts these beautiful creatures; to them, thank you!!! I am proud just to be called his friend; his "Paw Pal!" At the kennel where I work, we fostered 6 doggies plucked from the evil grasp of a puppymill in suburban Mass. It was just a about one year ago. Over 100 dogs were taken from this woman/breeder. While being adjudicated, the dogs were placed in foster care throughout the state, in shelters, foster homes, and kennels providing care at no cost, pending the final outcome. Well, it took ONE YEAR before the case came to court. The woman wanted the 6 doggies we were fostering at the kennel most of all; she claimed she "loved" them! Their names are Bud, the Rottie, Honey, the Golden (who became seriously ill from heartworm infestation) Blackie the Pom (who now lives DOWN THE STREET FROM ME!) Jake the Shep, and Millie and Wille, the Basset Kids. Oh, how we all cried when they left. But, they are all now in wonderful forever homes! Their case brought to light the horrors of the "puppymill." I have pics of them all. When I get them scanned I will post them for all of you to see! And it would be an honor to post monthly updates on my little Blackie pal! I guess Photogra has performed it's magic and "erased" my Blackie pic. So, I will post his pic. here in an attachment. Isn't he a dapper little man! I love you Blackie!! Thanks everybody SO MUCH for reading about him! Love, Sandra
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I CANNOT believe that the shelter said he was "not too pretty"! WHAT were they thinking!!? Blackie is ADORABLE!! Please keep us posted about ALL your "Paw Pals" and of course your furbabies!!!..........Blackie, you are so special! Never let 'em tell you any different!

What a sweetie....I really hate stupid people....and anyone who would do that to dogs (or for that matter, any living thing) deserves that title and that's being WAY too nice. But Blackie is really cute and I'm glad he's got a good home.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Who said Blackie is not pretty??? He is so cute with the sweetest expression. I'd fall in love with him very easily. Good on you for caring about him, Sandra. I just know that Blackie will go on to have the wonderful life that a cute little chappie like him deserves.
    Marie

What a little darling he is! He's for sure adorable without a doubt! Horray for Sandra for making Blackie her Paw Pal

The director of Puppymill rescue will be sending me monthly updates, and I'll pass them along! I'm going to email her this page; she said she will share all of your love and well wishes with Blackie and his foster family!! Thanks everbuddy!!