Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Find that cat *breed*

Well that Anjah seems to be a Bambino. Dewlves should additionally have curled (or folded?) ears.

Wow, I never herd of most of these breeds, and I’ve been to quite a few cat shows.
    Selkirkrex, when and where is the Fort Worth cat show?

To keep up with the game, show me a Norwegian Forest cat.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Hi Auggie,
    well, I didn't know the breeds either, but I did a lot of internet research on cat breeds.
    Actually the one how found the pic can ask for a new breed, so it's not your turn, but never mind. Here's the Norwegian Forest Cat:

Now please show me a Blonde Havana.

THAT is definitely a Maine Coon, Maine Coon mix or Norwegian Forest Cat. Gentle Giants they call them and rightfully so.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    OMG!! Check the Dwelfs (or is it Dwelves??) out on this link! They are nekked munchkins!!!! I want one!!!!!

http://soulekatz.com/gallery.html

I am so in love with Ahjah.
    Actually, there is a dwelf on the site. Go to the home page and you will see an F1 (first generation) dwelf. I don't know if y'all realize it, but first generation ANYTHING that uses the sphynx hairless gene will always have hair because the hairless gene is recessive in the sphynx. 2nd generation can be hairless. (My Mora is 2nd generation and hairless as can be) With any recessive gene, both parents need to carry it in order for the kittens to express it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaja
    Well that Anjah seems to be a Bambino. Dewlves should additionally have curled (or folded?) ears.

Curled, not folded ears. The majority of breeders will not use the fold in a hybridization because of the lethal gene ifound n the breed.

Okay I cannot find a pic of a blonde havana!!!! they dont seem to have any pics of them??
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Selkirk,

Thanks for the info! I kinda knew about the first generation thing, but didn't realize that the cat with the curl was F1. I absolutely LOVE the nekkid kids.

Could you post more pictures of your furbabies? I love looking at other's nekkid kits.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by auggie
    Wow, I never herd of most of these breeds, and I’ve been to quite a few cat shows.
    Selkirkrex, when and where is the Fort Worth cat show?

To keep up with the game, show me a Norwegian Forest cat.
    June 17-18, 2006
    Fort Worth Feline Fanciers

Showhall:
    Frank Mayborn Convention Center
    Temple, TX

Info:
    Joe Edwards/Caroline Fralia, 817-926-7822, [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Selkirk,

Thanks for the info! I kinda knew about the first generation thing, but didn't realize that the cat with the curl was F1. I absolutely LOVE the nekkid kids.

Could you post more pictures of your furbabies? I love looking at other's nekkid kits.

I have only 2 naked kids of my own, but if you want to see a couple more naked beauties, then check out my friend's website at http://www.wavorgonaked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xaja
    It's interesting to read about Munchkin. I think it will last some years till I'll have the possiblity to see a Munchkin in Europe. People here think it's unethical to breed such cats and FIFE will most likely NOT accept short-legged cats as breed.

Well, I'll go on with the game. A beautiful Seychellois:

And now I'd like to see a Dwelf, if they already exist.

Quite beautiful. But... wouldn't they be termed bi-color orientals in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Okay I cannot find a pic of a blonde havana!!!! they dont seem to have any pics of them??
    when I did a search for this on the web, it told me that this:
    Blonde Havana: Foreign Cinnamon Shorthair. I found these pics of cinnamon (blonde foreign shorthairs)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cinnamon baby.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	27498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cinnamon tabby.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	27499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cinnamon point.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	27500  

What I'd love to see is a Pixie Bob and a Manx, I didn't see those when I was browsing the threads!

I attached a photo of my cat, Shadow, who is 7 years old this June. He's definitely a "Momma's Boy" and won't leave my side. He earned his name the first night I got him when he followed me around so much he actually ran into my ankles, when he was 8 weeks old.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are both the Manx and the Pixiebob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manx.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	27524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixie1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	27525  

Thanks! I've got a red Manx, they are the sweetest cats! I can't get over how loving and socialable they are. If I ever bought a purebred, I think I'd want a PixieBob, from everything I've ever read about them. But seeing as I have 5 cats now, it'll be many years before that will happen (3 DSH, 1 Manx & 1 tortie point Siamese).

Attached Images Attached Images