Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Halo needs PT prayers

This is very promissing news and I am very glad to hear it. I am also happy that Halo is feeling well! Good news all around.

Such good news!!!!

From Decker with Love

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by slick

I'm so sorry for laughing....but it's the visual....cats and wine corks. LOLOLOLOL
    Slick, I'm going to try to get pictures of her playing one of these days. She usually likes to do this in the dead of the night and I'm too pooped to get up and try to get pictures.

On the middle landing of our stairs, we have a hollowed out cottonwood tree stump that someone gave us as a present. It is beautifully carved and shaped. Well, over the 20+ years we've lived there, we've thrown our wine and champagne corks into it where they've collected. Kuhio didn't bother them for 17 years but Halo is fascinated by them. On one side of the stump/bowl is a hole where a branch must have grown out. Halo, puts her paw in there and fishes around until she snags a cork and then she pulls it out and rolls it down the stairs. Because their shape is irregular, she particularly enjoys the champagne corks. She can never quite predict how it's going to bounce. So, several times a night you hear: thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump (there are 8 stairs) followed by a TWANG as it hits the heat register at the bottom of the stairs.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

What a great update, I bet you are relieved. I'm so glad Halo is feeling fine, she is such a sweet girl.

Keep thinking positive, we'll keep all paws and fingers crossed for her.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'M SO ELATED AT THE NEWS!!!!! I'm sure it's a big load off your shoulders as well Lisa. Silly Halo and those corks...I think this calls for a video of her cork fishing. Now about that little un-adoptable Mona Lisa.....
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Great update!! Worth the wait!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I am so glad to read the encouraging news Lisa!! It made me tonight!!

Whew! What a relief! I'm sure you're going to sleep tonight! I'm so glad that she's in good health and doing better. Give her some scritchies for me.

Blessings,
    Mary

horray corky girl! I can picture and laugh.

kuhio, it's good to see your ""s..

halo (& you) definitely will remain in my thoughts until we all know for sure!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Good news! Love the cork story, I had a great mental picture happening there. Agree a video would be terrific. Keep healing Halo and get back to purrfect health soon!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Whew!!! This is excellent news!!!

Re: Halo needs PT prayers

Originally posted by kuhio98
    Halo needs all the PT prayers she can get. She had x-rays taken yesterday. Today the vet called with the news that there appears to be a tumor in her intestinal tract and a golf-ball size tumor on or next to her liver. We will be meeting with the vet again tomorrow to look at treatment options.

This 3-year old girl has been a joy in our life. She has helped heal our broken hearts when we lost Kuhio. She is the sweetest, most kindest kitty I've ever known. There is not a mean bone in her body. Please keep her in your prayers. And give your kitties an extra special hug tonight.

I'll say a prayer for Halo that she gets better. Remember have FAITH. PURRS AND HUGS FOR HALO.
    Sandy Frost

I'm so glad the Dr. feels that Halo is going to be OK. Pet talk prayers can work wonders. Blessings to you and Halo for good health.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Wow! What great news for Halo! and you! And thanks for the wine/champagne cork story! Too sweet! Please continue to keep us posted.... and get out the video camera some night after adding to the wine/champagne cork collection!

and I hope we still get to see her with corks!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..