Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Halo needs PT prayers

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Fingers & paws (and that's a LOT) crossed for Halo's appointment bringing you good news. Is he doing an ultrasound to determine what's going on from another angle? I'm very happy she doesn't have to wait another week to be seen.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I'll be praying for a miracle for sweet Halo tomorrow!

I am glad Halo is playing. I will be waiting for any news.

kuhio, thanks for answering! thankfully you were able to take halo in sooner.

I'm soo glad things are still well! I'll be thinking of you (especially halo) tomorrow!!

(((halo))) & (((you))) I'll be checking back in..

..gina
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

A special candle will be lit tonight for Halo and you all. I'm glad she's holding her own. Here's for a good report....

Blessings,
    M

She played all night with her wine/champagne corks,

I'm so sorry for laughing....but it's the visual....cats and wine corks. LOLOLOLOL

So happy to hear that little Halo is feeling fine but I recognize that you are not out of the woods just yet. I send you my continued prayers.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am thinking of you and Halo today - hopefully you can give us some news once you have heard from Bobcat. I will check back! (((HUGS))) to you and scritches for Halo.

I hope that everything goes well today. I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Just checking in to see if there was an update. Hope everything goes well and that he has some good advice and options. Will check back later for update. Good thoughts and prayers continuing.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Thinking of Halo today, and praying for good results.

I'm so hoping everything goes well for Halo today. Will keep all fingers and paws crossed for her.

Hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by furrykidsmother
    Just checking in to see if there was an update. Hope everything goes well and that he has some good advice and options. Will check back later for update. Good thoughts and prayers continuing.
    Hang in there. There is a 4 hour time difference between Alaska and New Hampshire. Her appointment starts is scheduled for within the hour. I'll post as soon as I hear something.

Thank you for thinking of Halo. It's driving me crazy not being able to be there and snuggle her. She hates going to the vet so much.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Continuing my prayers for sweet Halo! Will be watching for an update.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Just checking in. I'm sending lots of good vibes Halo's way!!! Good luck today sweetie!

From Decker with Love

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Halo had her appointment with Dr. Priddy today and acted like a good girl (meaning, she didn't pee on him).

Dr. Priddy said that Halo is in very good health. He also (just like our usual vet) recommended we wait 2 or 3 more weeks and have the blood tests done again by the same lab to see what the numbers were.

He said that the high enzyme # could be the results of muscle inflammation not necessarily the body's immune system attacking them. He said that a virus (Bobcat couldn't remember the name) is usually the cause of a muscle inflammation but that is kind of rare up here (that virus in Alaska). But, it could be something to pursue of her numbers remain high.

He also is pretty sure that the tumor on the liver is a fatty tumor and not cancer. An ultrasound will help determine that for sure. He did not recommend doing a biopsy because he is pretty sure that it is just fat and because they would have to cut her open to do the biopsy and it would take a few weeks for her to heal up.

He has relieved our minds so much. We'll be taking her back around September 15th for the blood re-test and the ultrasound. I will keep you posted.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your words of encouragement and thoughts and prayers. They have meant the world to us. For now, I think it's safe to focus your energy on some of the other sick babies here. Halo seems to be doing just fine.
    Last edited by kuhio98; 08-26-2005 at 04:47 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.