Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Halo needs PT prayers

Don't give up hope yet. Perhaps in a month things will have changed for the better. We can hope and pray things will improve for Halo.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

We will keep good thoughts and prayers that a plan of treatment will work.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

We'll just keep those candles burning for Halo and you. I could feel your fear as I read it and I'm sure every one of us can relate. Prayers going out to you and Halo.....

Blessings,
    M

Halo, you are a beautiful girl and you will endure and overcome this, I pray. Your health and comfort are what truly matter, so make every moment count and remain optimistic . . . whenever you may feel sad just take another roll in the catnip, to keep your spirits uplifted. Blessings to you and yours, sweetiepie!

It is a good sign that she seems to be acting like herself . . . I hope that in a month the prognosis will be more encouraging.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I most certainly have Halo in my prayers right now. I hope that she is given another chance... until you know for sure, the best thing to do is spend some time with her quite often and keep an eye on how she acts. I'm very shocked to hear her health problems...that's what happened to my Boots. He developed a big tumor next to his heart that could not be fixed because by the time the doctor diagnosed the problem, it was too late. We had taken him in before, but the previous vet continued to tell me he was fine and that he was just overweight. So we switched vets... and what do ya know... I know my baby and something just wasn't right. I can only hope you caught poor Halo's condition in time to be able to be fixed. I'll be sure to pray for her. Please keep us up to date as to how she is doing.
    Boots, you've earned your wings honey. Sing with the angels and I promise you'll sing with me again some day. I love you and miss you very much.

Sweet Halo....

Your fellow grey girl is keeping you in her daily prayers. (As are her meowmie and her kitty siblings...) You keep a paw-sitive attitude and don't loose any hope.

Give your meowmie some extra kisses just to let her know you're going to be well soon. I just know it.

Love of hugs, prayers and love,
    Kelly, Phoebe, Noah, Micah, Basie & Jonah
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Okay, the shock is wearing off. Bobcat and I talked and we're making an appointment to get a second opinion. I love my sister's vet. He is very good and very caring. Waiting to hear back from his office to see when we can get Halo in for x-rays and bloodwork. I did some research on the internet late last night and found a few websites. One said that 50% of liver tumors are not malignant. They also recommended a biopsy. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for continued support and concern.
    Lisa
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Good for you keeping a level head is such a difficult time. I think a second opinion is a great idea. You can be assured their are lots of prayers and get well vibes coming for sweet Halo and for you as well. Let's hope vet #2 will give you a good treatment plan to be able to follow and get Halo all fixed up in no time.

Hugs, whisker kisses and headbumpies
    from
    Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Re: Halo Update

What a doll Halo is.

I'm glad you're getting a second opinion it's always good to have options, our prayers to Halo in hopes that this can be dealt with swiftly and totally and back to normal asap.

I agree a with everyone that a second opinion is warranted here.
    Do you have the blood workup results from the first vet? That way you wouldnt have to put Halo through needle stick again and also not get charged for another blood work up.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'm so glad you are getting a second opinion. More prayers coming out from me.

My, just look at that sweet facie......smoochies to you Halo.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

How much did you vaccinate Halo? Yearly? I was reading the other day about why pets (young) are getting cancer when cancer in pets was unheard of fifty years ago. They said it's from preservatives in pet foods, environmental toxic substances , and vaccinations repeated yearly. They're saying now that yearly vaccinations are unnecessary because they last three years and up to a lifetime. To do it more frequently is to end up with disease-ridden , chronically -sick pets.

I'm so sorry that I'm late in replying to this thread but I only just saw it now . I'm so sorry to hear about Halo but I'm very glad to hear that you're getting a second opinion. I hope that you'll receive some good news and that her condition will be treatable. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

Originally posted by solares412
    How much did you vaccinate Halo? Yearly? I was reading the other day about why pets (young) are getting cancer when cancer in pets was unheard of fifty years ago. They said it's from preservatives in pet foods, environmental toxic substances , and vaccinations repeated yearly. They're saying now that yearly vaccinations are unnecessary because they last three years and up to a lifetime. To do it more frequently is to end up with disease-ridden , chronically -sick pets.
    I too have read this sort of info, Solares412 and decided once again to stop vaccinating my cats this year. I lost a 7 year old to an aggressive cancer a few years back, very sudden and swift, it was, around her shoulder area.

I am very sorry to learn about Halo, she is a very pretty, sweet looking girl, and I hope all turns out well and she is with you for many more years to come. Whatever the cause, I hope the cure may be found.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by solares412
    Thank you for the info and the PM you sent. No, Halo does not get vaccinated every year. We adopted her in 2002. In 2003 she had an awful reaction to the vaccinations and almost died. Her fever spiked to 105 degrees (F) and it took 2 days to get it back to normal. We met with the vet then and agreed that she would not get any more shots. So, she got shots in 2002 before we adopted her and then again in 2003. Her immune system seems to have been compromised somehow. Whether that was from the vaccinations, we're not sure.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.