Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you burn easily?

Do you burn easily?

I do if I'm out in the sun long enough with no sunscreen. I was out gardening with mom on wednesday and I forgot to put sunscreen on (figured I wouldn't be out long anyway) but my back got a burn...and stupid me did the SAME thing today..only I wasn't out as long..but I think I burnt the burn Oh well, learn for next time, eh? I barely tan too..mostly it turns to freckles

What about you? Does it turn to a tan? Or do you not tan?

I'm also not the type to lay out in the sun purposefully to get a "tan"...then agian I don't really tan ANYWAY..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I burn very quickly and very badly. This happened when I went on insulin for my diabetes. I used to burn before but it wasn't bad and it would take awhile and also it would turn brown. Now I burn, blister, peel and I'm white as the snow again.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I burn easily and I cannot tan, and my skin is very white with a pink tinge, without the pink I would look like a ghost lol its not fun having people walk up to you and compare there skin to yours and they walk away feeling better that their skin is not as pale as mine (unfortinatly this actually happens lol)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

No i dont really burn the only thing that occasionally burns is my face and yeah i tan really well.

I cannot stay in the sun for longer than 15 minutes without getting burnt .The doc says I am allergic to sunrays, because I usually get this red itchy rash everywhere. The only way I can "survive" in the sunshine, is with a "total-sun-blocker" . Of course, with that on, it is even more impossible to get a tan

I have a very light complexion, which is rather unusual for someone with dark brown hair . To make it even more complicated, I have blue eyes!! Weird hey
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I do sometimes..sometimes I am dumb and don't wear sunscreen I peel quickly when I burn
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My mom teases my albino white legs whenever she sees me in skirts. Humph! Although I'm not an albino, my skin's pretty fair and burns like nuts without sunscreen. I might get a tan after a really bad burn has subsided, but it never lasts very long.

I'm not a sunworshiper at a all and avoid it at all costs. I even burn with SPF 45 on so now I use a total sunblock just like Debbie.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I burn too and have avoided the sun 100% since having a little basal cell carcinoma removed from my arm. It was from a bad burn as a child and appeared on my arm as an adult. A word of caution to all who lay out in the sun for that beautiful tan - you may be sorry in later years. That is straight from the mouth of my dermatologist.

I'm lucky...I tan very nicely just being outside doing day to day things. My arms tan just from driving during the daytime. I'm shy about my legs though. They never see the sun . I have to be very careful with my back too, as too much sun is really bad for my tattoo.

My poor husband on the other hand is a ghost lol. Any ammount of sun without total sun blocker will burn him very badly and I always hound him about putting on sunscreen.

Yup. I used to tan beautifully... but now that I'm older I burn at the drop of a hat.

Thanks for the reminder - we're going to the Renaissance Faire tomorrow and I'd have totally forgotten about sunscreen. I never do outdoor activities.... skin cancer runs rampant in my family so I avoid the sun like a vampire.

Burning

No I dont burn in the sun & I guess it is due I am German/French combo. But I have always did well in the sun..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

no, I don't get very dark either. I have only been burned a few times and not seriously.

Niņo & Eliza

The only thing that does it my face! I hate that too! Other than that- I can get really dark!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I'm totally regretting not putting anything on...then again I can't reach my back anyway...but I can barely put anything on it...like laying down in bed kills me. I haven't been burnt this bad since I was a little kid. This year is also the first time i've burnt since I was younger. I use to always wear t-shirts or long sleeve things, but I;ve been wearing tank tops and such. I usually don't go out in the sun as much as I have been this year either

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)