Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil Fibroids

Evil Fibroids

That was the main reason for my hysterectomy. I'm attaching a pic instead of just placing it here because it may gross out some people. That is a ruler so it shows how huge the main fibroid was. It's on the left. The other two pieces are my uterus. The fibroid weighed 1 1/2 pounds. No wonder I was having lower back problems. I'm so glad it's mostly behind me now and I'm at least able to be on the computer. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

That certainly explains the pain. OMG!!!! So glad it is behind you now and that you are on the road to recovery!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Wow Val, your body was loaded with toxins. You must have felt generally lousy most of the time. The picture is amazing. So glad you're rid of all that poison and your quality of life is going to be top notch before you know it. We're sending get well wishes to you every day Take it easy and relax.

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah

Dear Lord!

I'm so glad you got it taken care and I hope you feel much better very soon.

{{gentle hugs}}
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Ack! You poor thing...I'm glad you got that nasty thing out.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Aww you poor thing good thing that NASTY thing is out and on a road to recovory yay!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    good grief, valerie! you're going to feel so much better without that inside of you. you're a trooper, and, i hope your recovery is super fast!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hi Val! Gross, but interesting. I didn't see pics of mine, my doctor just told me it was like a grapefruit. It's been 19 days since my surgery and I'm feeling lots better, too. Hope your recovery goes smooth. Nice to see you posting again - isn't it great to get back up and around?

Oh Val!

I don't shock easily but all I can say is WOW!!! Please take care of yourself while you're recuperating. I had fibroids for years (since I was 18(. They wanted to do a hysterectomy on me when I was 35 and I said no. The fibroids would show up about every 12 years. I figured if another one did show up (boy did it ever!!) in say 12 years, by that time I'd be 47 and wouldn't care about having anymore kids. I was only in the hospital for 2 days. I wasn't supposed to do stairs for at least 2 weeks. Do you have someone to stay with you while you heal?? I had to carry a pillow and hold it on my abdomen if I coughed, sneezed, or anything else that had to do with those muscles.

But think on the bright side kiddo, no more YOU-KNOW-WHATS, cramps, PMS or anything else to do with monthly periods.

Love and hugs to you sweetie!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

(((((Val))))))

You poor thing...those look like they caused you a lot of pain. I'm glad they're out and your on your way to getting better.

I do what Donna suggested and carry a pillow with me everywhere. Its good protection from cats, dogs, ect.

Feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Wow! Those were some massive fibroids... Betcha lost a few pounds just removing them

My boss/partner (whatever you'd call her) had a hystorectomy last summer and was up and running long before the end of her 6 week recovery. Hopefully you will be too... sounds like you've got good results so far.

OMG...I can't believe you had that thing inside you!! I'm glad you're better now...

((((HUGS))))
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

wow... I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

Originally posted by catnapper
    Wow!

My boss/partner (whatever you'd call her) had a hystorectomy last summer and was up and running long before the end of her 6 week recovery. Hopefully you will be too... sounds like you've got good results so far.

I'd would say that woman is the exception. It is major surgery
    and re-coop time varies a lot. I'm glad you are feeling well enough
    to post now Val. You were missed.

One question, Who in the world took the pictures?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Val, I must admit that I didn't have the nerve to look at the picture. But I am glad that you are feeling well enough to check in here. Take it easy, and we will be hoping for a quick and easy recovery for you.