Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Puzzle 117 Solve the puzzle _and_ guess the theme animal!

GET WELL SOON AMBERLEE!! Will send you some healthy vibes and wait for you to finish the puzzle - no hurry!

All the best ... and purrs from Fister

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Former User Guest
    Get well soon AmberLee!!!

Well..........I think between all of us we have guessed every letter.....so lets wait for amberlee to get better and finish this very suspencing puzzle! LOL

Is this puzzle still going? If it is I guess a letter "B".
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

hi fuzzy317....unfortunately, bunnicula05 guessed "b" on 03/01....i believe that we are waiting for amber lee (the host) to return....to solve the puzzle
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

delidog, you are right, that letter was guessed by Bunnicula05
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

LOL, maybe this will have the record for the longest consecutive puzzle ran on this board!

Oh where, oh where....

... could Amberlee be? Sure hope you get to feeling well again soon. We all miss YOU!!! Hope you come back soon.

--Kate, Loud Louie and 'Da Beans

I'm baaaaack -- wobblily, but back. Stay healthy, you all!

This was not planned in an effort to tantalize -- sorry, got very sick. OK, back to the important things of life -- like mysteries!

Puzzle 117 Solve the puzzle and guess the theme animal!

Here is the puzzle:

This animal is a huge, thick_skinned, almost hairless mammal. It is the largest o- e-tant -our_-ooted animals, with a long, -le-ible snout and two ivory tusks growing out o- the upper jaw. These animals were seen in the -ilms Jumangi, Operation: Dumbo Drop, Dumbo and The Jungle Book. They evolved -rom the even larger prehistoric mammoth which appeared millions o- years ago. The mammoth roamed in great herds over Europe, Asia, A-rica and North America. The oldest mammoth bones, -ound in India, are over - million years old. Mammoths became e-tinct -ollowing the Ice Age. They are in the order Proboscideans. They can be -ound in woodlands, grasslands, and -orests in A-rica and parts o- Asia. They can live up to 70 years, weigh 5,000 _ 1-,000 pounds and stand 6_12 -eet at the shoulder. In the wild, they spend most o- their day looking -or -ood, needing -00_600 pounds o- -ood a day, o- which only -0% is digested. The diet includes grass, tree -oliage, bark, twigs, herbs, roots, and -ruit. A herd averages - mph in their single -ile walking but can charge at 25 mph i- angered or -rightened.

Characters (Letters/Numbers) left to guess:
    F Q X Z 4 8

Score:
    DeliDog E (95); I (65); O (70); G(26); v (10); j (3); h (45); y (12); d (44) = 600 points !!!
    Bunnicula A (77); B (12); 9 (0) = 166 points!!!
    Crikit S (53); W (12); 3(0) = 65 points!
    Karen T(67) = 67 points
    Randi C (17); N (58); R (52); U (20); M (33); 6 (2); 1 (2); 0 (12) = 216 points !!!
    DaisyLover P (16) = 32 points
    Mom of FuzzyFaces L (33); K (7); 5 (2); 2 (2); 7(1) = 45 points!

Good Luck !!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

o.k!!!o.k.!!!! i sent a guess!!!!
    The Deli Dog

Karen has successfully solved the puzzle...

Puzzle 117 Solve the puzzle and guess the theme animal!

Here is the puzzle:

This animal is a huge, thick_skinned, almost hairless mammal. It is the largest of extant four_footed animals, with a long, flexible snout and two ivory tusks growing out of the upper jaw. These animals were seen in the films Jumangi, Operation: Dumbo Drop, Dumbo and The Jungle Book. They evolved from the even larger prehistoric mammoth which appeared millions of years ago. The mammoth roamed in great herds over Europe, Asia, Africa and North America. The oldest mammoth bones, found in India, are over 4 million years old. Mammoths became extinct following the Ice Age. They are in the order Proboscideans. They can be found in woodlands, grasslands, and forests in Africa and parts of Asia. They can live up to 70 years, weigh 5,000 _ 14,000 pounds and stand 6_12 feet at the shoulder. In the wild, they spend most of their day looking for food, needing 400_600 pounds of food a day, of which only 40% is digested. The diet includes grass, tree foliage, bark, twigs, herbs, roots, and fruit. A herd averages 4 mph in their single file walking but can charge at 25 mph if angered or frightened.

Characters (Letters/Numbers) left to guess:
    F Q X Z 4 8

Score:
    DeliDog E (95); I (65); O (70); G(26); v (10); j (3); h (45); y (12); d (44) = 600 points !!!
    Bunnicula A (77); B (12); 9 (0) = 166 points!!!
    Crikit S (53); W (12); 3(0) = 65 points!
    Karen T(67) = 67 points
    Randi C (17); N (58); R (52); U (20); M (33); 6 (2); 1 (2); 0 (12) = 216 points !!!
    DaisyLover P (16) = 32 points
    Mom of FuzzyFaces L (33); K (7); 5 (2); 2 (2); 7(1) = 45 points!

Karen successfully solved the puzzle and correctly identified the mystery animal as a rabbit!!! (Okay, it's the elephant, getting a little punchy here...) She waives the right to host the next puzzle. High points at 600!!! is Delidog.

Do you accept the challenge for the next puzzle, Delidog???
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

o.k.!!!o.k.!!! i'll do puzzle 118!!! glad for the challenge....i have big puzzle shoes to fill after 117!!! i am going to go hit some books to get some ideas before bed....i'll put up in the a.m....before i go to work as i won't be home until 10:00 p.m. on both thu. and friday from work....hope that is o.k. with everyone........by the way that is e.s.t......also, please remember, that i am not as computer savvy as amber.....but will always give an effort!!!!!!

i'm sorry...though i wished her personally...i think that i say for all here....WELCOME BACK AMBER LEE!!!!!! WE MISSED YOU!!!!!! GLAD THAT YOU ARE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Deli Dog