Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally stood up to her.

I finally stood up to her.

Remember how in the first thread I said she didn't want to pick me up? Well my dad called her and told her she needed to, that I didn't have any other ride.

She starts screaming at me for being a baby and calling and telling my dad what she said. I stand up and tell her, "Well thats the ONE thing you had to do that day, pick me up from work and you CANT do it." She comes back by saying she doesn't even know where she will be. I say, "Well tell your friends, 'I'm sorry, I have to go pick up my daughter.'" and she goes, "I guess I f--cking WILL then, won't I?" And I said, "Well start being a parent and TAKE responsibility and TAKE your kids to work and to games."

She looked at me and started screaming again. "Get the f-ck upstairs. I don't want to see you. You sound JUST like your father. Go the f--k upstairs and get away from me."

I did it, I stood up to her. But now I'm sitting in my room bawling my eyes out and I'm supposed to be at work in a half hour. I don't even want to look at her let alone be around her. I'm crying so hard. Please help me.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Megan, I don't know the whole story of what brought this up, but I'm so sorry that you are having to continually deal with this with your mom. Makes me so sad because I try so hard to make life easy for my 14 year old daughter, putting her own schedule above mine at times.

Want to move to SC? I'll take care of you! Seriously, I hope that some peace can come for you soon.

Logan

Megan,

I am glad you stood up to her. I wonder why she does this to you It's not fair. (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Originally posted by Logan
    Megan, I don't know the whole story of what brought this up, but I'm so sorry that you are having to continually deal with this with your mom. Makes me so sad because I try so hard to make life easy for my 14 year old daughter, putting her own schedule above mine at times.

Want to move to SC? I'll take care of you! Seriously, I hope that some peace can come for you soon.

Logan
    I'd do anything just to get out of here.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

It's good you stood up to her. She needs to know that there's absolutely NO valid reason that gives her the right to speak to you that way and treat you like she's been doing.

Seriously, I'd offer you a room over here if you were any closer, like I told you.

{{hugs}} Stay strong, girlie.

Good girl. The more you stand up to her the more she will have to realize that she can no longer get away with treating you so badly. Hugs for you.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

((((MEG)))) I am so sorry you are going through this

I hope that if you continue to stand up to her she will start to take more responsibility and start being more of a parent to you.

I wish I could do something to help - but just keep in mind that one day you will be able to have your own place, and look after yourself. Just try to focus on those goals for the future and make them happen.

You are such a special strong person, and you WILL have the happy and peaceful life you deserve!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I really don't know what you can do right now. Like Ally Cat's Mommy said, some day you'll be free of her, so try to have a peaceful life (I now it must be hard) and think about your future... You really deserve it, and I think you're such a strong person to get throught all this...
    Stay strong, Megan ((((HUGS))))
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Stand your ground Megan, you can get through this. That was so brave of you to step up to her like that. I am very proud of you.

Major ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to you! Just remember, God is always standing by you and helping you.

Steph and Jes

Stand your ground, sweetie. If SC is too hot, hmmm - I'd offer Massachusetts, but then you'd miss the rest of your family I bet.

Be strong sweetie, even if you don't feel strong, pretend. Treat it like theatre. "Act" like her tantrums are those of a toddler, give her a timeout, then go on.

You deserve better. Some day she may realize that.

Has she ever had any sort of parenting classes or counseling?

Oh no...I´m really sorry to hear it I dont think I would have any good advice for you, cause I hadnt have situation like this...

I will be thinking of you and I really hope everything will go OK..at least a bit...

(((((HUGS))))))

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

If you like cold winters I offer Montana(if Gina doesn't get here first) I only have one kid left hes 21 and soon to be leaving,best part I'm home winters. High school only 5 blocks away. Lots of jobs here .

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Seriously, I'd offer you a room over here if you were any closer, like I told you.
    Ditto.

Meg, I'm glad you stood up to her, and I'm sorry you're going through this. You know how to get ahold of me, and feel free to talk whenever you need to. ((((((((HUGS)))))))

The most important thing for you to realize is that this is NOT your fault at all. This is your mother's problem, but she's projecting it onto you. Never blame yourself. You sound like a strong person, hold onto that. Remember that you have good friends here to talk to anytime you need to talk. Your mom needs counseling or some kind of help, but from listening to you I doubt that she will seek the help she needs. So, unfortunately, you are the one she seems to take things out on. Someday she will look back and regret treating you this way. If you ever need to talk pm me!

She probably wouldn't go but she really needs counseling.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!