Thread: An LJ friend of mine..

An LJ friend of mine..

Rescued 4 cockatiels today, and needs homes for them. I wanted to help her out, and post it here so maybe someone can take these little babies off her hands, (Although i bet she wishes she could keep them! ).. This probably should be in Pet rescue, but General gets a lot more views.. Anyway, this is directly from her live journal..

"Today I rescued four young cockatiels from very poor conditions. The lady was selling them for five dollars each and that immediately concerned me. We went to her house to see them and it was very dirty in there, dirt floor, cat litter, holes in the walls, dirt coating everything. Upon entering the "bird room" I saw two ferret cages with two cockatiels in each. The bird poop was at least 1/4 inch thick on everything. The woman didn't realize she had a male and a female together and they had ten babies. There were only four left when I got there and I bought them all. I cannot keep all four of these cockatiels!

They are beautiful and seem very very healthy. They are not even a year old but were not handfed. I can tell already they will be relatively easy to train for those who have the time. I want these to go to a good home! I will be giving them away to a good home and will interview any people who are interested.

The basket she let me use to take them home was filthy and grimy and these babes are very stressed right now. They've been through a lot. One of them on the way home bloodied her wing and was bleeding A LOT. We hurried home and it took an hour to stop the bleeding completely. Fortunately, I think she'll be okay.

I live in southwest michigan so anyone in the vicinity please contact me!

If anyone can take one of these and give it a good home please let me know! Just leave a comment or directly e-mail me [email protected]"

Any takers? They're awfully cute, and they resemble a certain adorable PT cockatiel quite a bit! Hehe!

Aww they are cute! She is wonderful for rescuing them from this horrible situation. I hope they find the best of homes.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh, they are so adorable! Hope your friend will be able to find them good homes!

Oh Wow. I had a cockatiel when I was younger and have been looking for the perfect one. I bet they are to far from me though. Where is your LJ friend from?