Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new vacuum... Opinions?

Looking for a new vacuum... Opinions?

We are in the market for a new vac. From everything I've been able to pull up online about Dyson Vs. Hoover Wind Tunnel, Consumer Reports was wrong, many UNhappy Hoover owners.

Those of you with Dysons ... are you still happy?

LOUD Louie creates A LOT of hair... Think Angora carpet ... ok we don't get a chance to vacuum everyday so maybe thats it..

Those of you with Dysons how often do you have to stop and empty, while vacuuming? The vac we have now (Bissell -something) has to be emptied about 4x's while vacuuming our living room which approx. 16x20...

Looking for something better, leaning towards a Dyson... but want to hear the Good, The Bad, The Ugly....

I've had my Dyson for 4 years Kate - I wouldn't swap it for the world! It's wonderful. I'd only had my Hoover about 18 months and coulldn't wait to get rid of it - it was useless.

The Dyson it great at picking up cat hair and even pulled out all the stops when Elizabeth's dog - Tricky - lived with us - and boy she was one long haired pooch!!

It even copes really well with soil from upturned flower pots - I'm a bit of a klutz!!

Oh yes and it's good for both carpets, rugs and hard wood floors.

Since I got my Dyson I've persuaded my best friend and my daughter Diane (in the States) and they've both now got one!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I am happy with my Dyson too.

With my two Akita's I empty after I am done vacumming
    the house. (once and empty).

----<---<--<{(@

I splurged on an Elecrolux cannister. A little heavy but MAN! It eats up everything! My rugs look like new!

I've been Boooo'd!

I've had my Dyson a little over a year now and I wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    We've had every kind of vacumn from the cheapies to the very expensive and I have to say so far this is my favorite!
    With three very, very hairy dogs (yes three, Bon's just as hairy as the girls...the hairs just shorter) it really does the trick.

I empty mine each time I vacumn.

Happy vacumn hunting!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I just bought a dyson, and I am just so very happy with it, I wouldn't have anything else! It makes my carpet looks so fresh and new, and I am still stuck in this little trailer waiting for my house to be built.

Anyway, I love my my purple machine!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I recently bought the Dyson DC14-Animal (made specifically for people with pets) and it's the best vacuum ever! Definitely worth the money!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Neko, thats the one I bought, and I just love it! You can do everything with it!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by neko1
    I recently bought the Dyson DC14-Animal (made specifically for people with pets) and it's the best vacuum ever! Definitely worth the money!
    My mother bought one of these a few months a go and LOVES it. But $500 ???? Is it really worth that much?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I have a kirby and I love it, I can also shampoo the carpet with it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

11. I love my Dyson. It gets empty after a full vaccum of the house. It is amazing.....

If I could afford a Dyson I would purchase one, they only have good reviews here and from anyone I know who has one.

However a lot of the cheaper cyclonic models look appealing , they have hepa filters and no dust bags, a must IMO and you can pick one up here for around 197 dollars, next on my list.

My mother owns a Kirby that cost around two to three thousand dollars, she never uses it, as she found it all too complicated and ended up buying a cheaper model.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    My ex and I had a Kirby. I loved that vacuum. We used to charge our neighbors when we would shampoo their carpets. We had, at our most...three adults, a dachshund/cocker mix, a siberian husky, and, seven cats in our home. When we moved out of our apartment, the manager inspecting our place upon moving out, stated "I thought you guys had pets here." It was a true testament to that vacuum. My ex still uses it in his and his family's home, and, last I heard, it still rocked. I want a Dyson, though, when I buy another vacuum, as I don't think I'll be able to get another Kirby again for a long time.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Well the kirby is not the easist thing in the world to use that is for sure! I don't have trouble vacuuming but when I shampoo sometimes I have to watch the video again if its been a while.

We only paid $1,000 for it, they wanted $1,900 but my husband spent hours bargaining and refused to buy it for a penny more.

It is very old fashioned looking though, that is hard for me after spending so much money to get something that looks like it was built in 1950.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am a loyal Electrolux user. Actually I have two of them, an upright and a cannister. The cannister is my favorite as it is so versatile and the attachments for cleaning other things than carpet are perfect. I have the Lux Legacy.

In May 2001, the name of the company was changed to "Aerus".

http://www.aerusonline.com/products/floorcare.cfm
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France