2 6.67%
  • Bichon Frise

4 13.33%
  • Other

12 40.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Dog Breed(s)

Dog Breed(s) that r not one of ur top 10 favorites

It would be neat if we do kind of what the Favorite Dog Breeds person did. We should see how many people don't like a certain type of dog as one of their top 10. Then we would know what we had in common/not in common.
    Last edited by sweet_stormy; 03-24-2002 at 03:04 PM.

NOPE

Can't vote on this 'cuz I don't have a least favorite.

Re: NOPE

Originally posted by Freckles
    Can't vote on this 'cuz I don't have a least favorite.
    I Have to AGREE! Like ALL them furry babies!

I honestly can't say I have a "least favorite" breed - evry time I've thought. "Well, I really don't think I'd want a ......, I meet one who is just as friendly and lovable and sweet as every other breed!

So I can't vote here!

I think it is going to be unlikely that you get many takers on this poll!! Maybe if you could edit the question to say something like, "of the following 10 breeds, which would you be least likely to want". Just a twist of words makes us hesistant to answer!! LOL!!! I have an answer of the breed I would be least likely to get from your list, but I'll never tell. Couldn't bear to think of hurting someone's feelings! Besides, I never say never....cause you just don't know!!

There are certain breeds that are not my favorite, but I would never say anything in fear of hurting anyone's feelings. I also have an open mind, and know that certain breeds may have a bad rep, but there are always exceptions to every breed.

I agree...there are certain breeds that wouldn't be my favourites. And I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of people who love them by naming them.

But I also know that if one of the breeds I'm not keen on was in need & we took it into our home to foster it...I would instantly love it as it would become a member of our family.
    Marie

I agree with you guys in some ways but I think that we are all friends and we shouldn't get mad at each other if someone doesn't fancy a breed another person might love.

I adore and love beagles but I wouldn't hate a person if they came here and said they hated beagles. My greatgrandmother can't stand hounds she hates them but I love her just the same ...lol..
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Well, I would answer the poll IF I didn'g care for a certain breed. But I love them all!!!! Sure I have my favorites (well a list of them that could probably reach from here to Tinbucktu but still!) but there isn't one breed that I wouldn't love to have!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I don't think there is one bredd I can say I don't like...there are some that I have seen poor examples of, and some that would not be right for my situation, but I think any bredd of dog can be a good dog, with proper training and care

I prefer the large breeds, however, I wouldn't mind a smaller type dog to go with the big guys.

I guess I'm just like most everyone else here, I love em all.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

OK!!! Who voted Poodle?? 'Fess up!! I'm not mad. I'm just going to make you meet Reece because I KNOW for a fact he'd change your mind!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Like others have said, I've known some INDIVIDUAL dogs that I didn't much care for, but never an entire breed....Although I gotta say that just now hubby walked in, looked over my shoulder at the list in the poll, and said "Put in Saluki!" When he was about 10 years old some nasty Saluki used to get loose and chase him on his bike during his paper route! He claims he hated that dog--but the whole thing just makes me giggle.

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    I can't really say that I dislike a certain breed. But, there are some dogs that make me (even though I've got my own Cookie always with me) change routes.

As a child, a Belgian Shephard (large and black with big teeth) came running towards me and my dog and took a painful bite out of my leg. Ever since I'm very much afraid of those and keep distance even though I know that it was just because that particular dog was brought up by a mentally disturbed person.

Aly you KNOW it wasn't me! LOL! I can't say that I really dislike any breed although some appeal to me more than others. The older I get the more I know that I am better suited to a smaller dog. They are just easier for me to handle. Bella is about 35-37 lbs. now and I think that's my upper limit! HA! I do admire lots of large dogs but don't think I have the strength and stamina to own one.