Thread: Pawlenty vs. PETA

Pawlenty vs. PETA

I can't actually find a site where this is so I will post what I know:

PETA asked if the Gov. could ban fishing in Minnesota because Walleye is our state fish, and Pawlenty replied by have a fish fry.

Minnesota Gov. is saying that it is childish what Pawlenty did, while all the sportsmen in Minnesota are clapping and saying bravo!

I thought that it was kind of funny. I don't fish, but most people in MN do. I can watch the fish gasping and seeing hooks through their lip...I think that it is sad.

Steph and Jes

Actually, I think that is funny, in a mean sort of way. He responded by having a fish fry .... *snort*.

I don't personally like to fish. I don't like to watch my food die. However, it is VERY hypocritical of anyone who eats meat to criticise those that can and do catch or hunt their own food. If you eat it, someone killed it for you.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

That is the same thing that I go through. I think that it is not THAT bad to hunt to eat instead of hunting to kill, or for a trophy. I still don't like it cause you can go out to buy your own meat.

The problem in MN is that if sportsmen or women don't hunt the deer, we would get over populated and the deer would starve to death. It is a hard situation.

Steph and Jes

The problem in MN is that if sportsmen or women don't hunt the deer, we would get over populated and the deer would starve to death. It is a hard situation.
    That is the situation all over the country. Our deer population is over 3 million now ... a few decades ago it was 50,000. Deer/car collisions are increased in the same fashion.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

That is the situation all over the country. Our deer population is over 3 million now ... a few decades ago it was 50,000. Deer/car collisions are increased in the same fashion.
    It is horrible isn't it? I wish that there was an easy way to cut down on the deer population

Maybe they could start to spay and neuter some deer?-That would be hard, but a good solution!

Steph and Jes

Thanks for the website GreyhoundDaddy!

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter