Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime Stories ....

Bedtime Stories ....

Someone let slip that they create bedtime stories for their fur babies, too, so ...
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

One for Livvy

Here is one of Livvy's favorite bedtime stories! (Hint: One of her nicknames is My Darling Furry Princess.)

Once upon a time, a long time ago, maybe it was last week, there was a princess that always dressed in fur, was light on her tiny little tootsie feet, and loved to hunt small game. Like tiny game. Like micies. She was the Furry Princess . Everybody in the kingdom loves the Furry Princess . She's a wonderful girl (who thinks sitting in meetings is a massive bore -- she wants to be off twinkling on her tiny feet or huntin micies!!!) Well, everybody loves her (except the micies). Those micies banded together and paid a Wicked Wowser bunches of cheese to curse the Furry Princess!!!! (Eek! Eek!!)

So the Wicked Wowser cursed the Furry Princess and what do you know? She turned into a Precious Puddy Tat!!! When she woke up she stretched and said, "Hmm, something's different! Ooh, ooh! My fur coat's nicer than ever! My teeny tiny tootsies are tinier than ever! And my hunting skills are even better than ever!!! And I have a MAGNIFICENT bushy tail, too!!! I'm a Puddy Tat!!! Hurrah!!! This is my lucky day!!!"

Now she goes hunting micies whenever she wants to -- just trips off on her tiny tootsies and she's on a hunting trip! No packing and waiting for the royal hunting party to assemble. When they do succeed in trapping her to sit in on boring meetings, she curls up in a ball and delicately covers her nose and eyes with her lovely tail and drifts off to sleep. (The rest of the royal family are VERY JEALOUS of that lovely tail.)

So everybody lives happily ever after except the micies -- which is a pretty good average. Happy Puddy Tat dreams to you and may your happy dreams come true!!!
    Last edited by AmberLee; 02-27-2002 at 04:51 PM.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

What a great story!

Amberlee, I loved your bedtime story! My 4 boy cats are SO jealous. They don't get bed time stories but I do read to them from their favorite, The Cat Who series of books by Lilian Jackson Braun. They admire Koko, naturally.

AmberLee -- As I lack your creative and nimble mind -- I bought stocking stuffer books last year that were "Bedtime Stories for Cats" and "Bedtime Stories for Dogs" (Edwina has many canine relatives!) Of course, Edwina has her own copy.

My point is...you may not have to keep your day job...there's a market out there!

how boutz a bunnie storie?

Once upon a not-so-long ago time, a precious loppy bunster was happily hopping through the magical parsley patch, minding her own beez-wax when suddenly a vile socked foot appeared. "Ezcuze me, nobudy iz 2 wearz sockz in da magical parsley patch. Puh-leaze removez dem immEdatly," said the loppy hoppy. The vile socked foot refused. *ThUmP* "I SED TAKEZ OFF DAT UGLY SOCKZ OR PREPAREZ YERSELF FOR DA WRATH OF SOPHIE!! My nicknamez Bonecrusher ya knowz!" She then added a *ThUmP* for extra emphasis. But alas, the bunz threat fell on deaf ankles. "OK SMELLY TOOTSIEZ--I'LL GIVEZ YOU 2 THREE BUT DEN---BEWAREZ OF DA BUNNIE!! One......eight.....five....nine....THREEEEEE!" And the boisterous bun went bounding through the leafy greens, aiming for a quick *nIp* on the ankles. Upon seeing this, the socked foot turned and fled.

But Momz, I wantz a bloody storiez...

No. You're too young for gruesome tales.

I iz notz! And whenz I wuz wittle, I grewz some tailz! Seez?!

Not that kind of tale, Sophmeister.

I WANTZ A BLOODY STORRIE!!!

*sigh* Fine. But not too bloody. *AHM*....Upon seeing the charging bunny...

you forgotz sumpin'

What?

2 tellz em how bee-U-T-ful I iz.

Upon seeing the WONDERFULLY CHARMING & GRACEFUL--not to mention GORGEOUS-bunster

Dat's much betterz

...the socked foot turned to run. However the speed of the bunnikin was too much for the foot. She first teased him...tickled him at his neked spots, with her lush fur. She ran circles around the heathen and finally sank her ivory teeth into his flesh which sent him flying out of the magical parsley patch."

You forgotz da bloodz.

He bled a little bit and soiled his sock. The end.

I wantz more bloodz.

UGH! Fine. The bun ripped the socked foot off at the ankle and ran with it. She ran as fast as her bunny legs could carry her...finally she came upon a village, sold the extremity to the gypsies who inturn sold it to the pork eaters. The pork eaters had it in soup that night. The bun went back to the magical parsley patch--and lived a very happy, socked feet-free life! THE END. NO MORE--GO TO BED!"

Kin I have some parsley?

NO! It's bed time! Go to bed!!

*ThUmP* NUTZ! *ThUmP*

ROTFLOL!

I just hope sweet sophie doesn't have nightmares after all that blood in the story!

Great job!

LMAO!!!!

OMG Such creative folks on this board!!! I love it, I love it!! I was just rollin' from laughter at those stories!! Now, I'll have think of one....gimmee a day or so! LOL LOL

And one for Cassy

Once upon a time there was a precious Good Cassy who had a really short attention span, Good Cassy. He liked to explore on top of things like Mount Bookcase and Kitchen Mesa or inside things like Cave Knitting Caddy or the Undercover Cat Cave. Good Cassy would even explore Lake Bathtub from the edges or atop the Belly Island (when it was there), but not inside except in drought times. A cat has his standards, you understand. Good Cassy likes playing mini-blind solos *throm*, *throm*, *throm*, *throm*. Strange sideways rain happens sometimes but Good Cassy has learned to retreat under the bed till the odd storm passes. Feather dusters need to be disciplined with claw and fang and Good Cassy has dedicated his waking hours to keeping an eye on the birdies, the catnip mice, and feather dusters from raising too much hecter around his turf. Oooh, oooh, turf. Cat grass is munchy and Good Cassy will clutch a container to his chest and nibble it. Yum, yum, yum. Good Cassy needs frequent naps to keep up with his busy schedule. Night-night, Good Cassy!! See you in the morning.

Geez! You guys are too funny!

All of you are so talented!!! Maybe you all should start publishing these stories! They are THE BEST!

AmberLee What happened to the Furry Princess's Prince Oliver? He should bring her gifts of catnip and they could run off into the sunset hunting micies together.... They make such a beautiful pair I love reading their " Love Letters"... Seriously, Edwina's Secretary is right there IS a market out there!

zippy-kat SOPHIE aka: Bonecrusher that was a great story too! I say it was worthy of at least a little parsley before bed... very creative bunny you are.

On Xmas Eve I read Twas The Night Before Christmas from my ancient Little Golden Book to my furkids, and it is a game to see who can sit still for the duration . . . it is tradition.

Speaking of nursery rhymes, I am on a quest! If anyone knows the words or can locate this children's poem for me I shall be eternally grateful! It is called "Quack! Said Jerusha" written by Mildred Plew Merryman in the 1930's. Quite a lengthy poem about the experiences of a duckling upon breaking out of her shell. It was a favorite of mine as a little girl and I remember my Mother reading it to me many times over. I've had no luck finding anything on the internet. I have a feeling it was within a book of other nursery rhymes by various authors, which makes my search even more difficult . . .
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I *vaguely* remember hearing it...I will search for it!!!

You are all so creative, my furkids are really jealous now. I also believe that you should join efforts and write a book!

Mz Sophie, you're such a character! If your mum ever wants to send you on a holiday you are more than welcome over here, I think you and Prema would get on wonderfully! I also know someone who grows parsley...

LOL - these stories are soooo funny!!! More like Furry Tales than Fairy Tales eh?!!!!!

Avajoy - I've spent all afternoon (well it's cold and raining here!!)
    on the net searching for Mildred Plew Merryman - found a couple of her poems but nothing even like 'Quack said Jerusha' - sorry
    Trouble is I'm everso curious now and would love to read it!! In
    fact there is an appeal out on one site for someone looking for it!
    How about an appeal on Other - General? Get everyone interested and searching!!

Lynne

Now I'm curious about this Quack! Said Jerusha poem!! I haven't heard of it before!!
    Still trying to think up some stories for my boys!! I'm just not that creative! LOL LOL Zippy, Scooter would LOVE for you to come up with one for him hehehehehehe
    Amberlee, Marius can always use a story too....LOL LOL