Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FURIOUS!(about pitbulls)

once they start banning pitts..., rottweilers, dobes, akitas, mastiffs are next...

why akitas? (well of course why any dogs, but i have never heard discrimination against akitas.)

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Grrrrrrrrrr... I HATE THOSE PEOPLE! Pit Bulls are awesome dogs if you treat them right, I got a white pit bull from the shelter 2 years ago, she was 13 years old, and one of the most SWEET little gals ever...

Did you know: If the world was one shelter instead of broken up ones, 5,000 dogs are killed per second?

Did you know only 40% of dogs in the world are adopted from the shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    why akitas? (well of course why any dogs, but i have never heard discrimination against akitas.)
    Akitas, I believe, are the Japanese fighting dogs. They are extremely protective and loyal-a characteristic of the breed. A lot of them are dog aggressive. So naturally, they're thrown in the pot with everything else.

awww thats sad!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

akitas are the biggest of the japanese spitz type breeds..large males can get up to 130, 140 pounds. they were once used to hunt the 800 pound yezo bear in japan. it was also used for dogfighting, as it is very dog aggressive and dominant.

in my opinion, the real question is why not? ..not that I want the akita banned, it's just unfair to label 1 dog breed as "unsafe". many dog breeds are unsafe in the hands of the wrong owner...

a staffy and a pitbull are the same thing
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

Is there not any way you can write to the television station and correct their obvious error??

facebook

it was a while ago now this thread was started like in october so i dont even remember the station
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I was watching the news about a "Confrontation with a dog". A dog was barking and growling (probably bluffing) at a guy and some kids, the guy went in the house, got a gun, shot some warning shots, the dog didn't go away, so he shot it in the legs, and the dogs now being treated at the vets, blah blah...

Now, you know if it was a pit, the headline would read "VICIOUS PITBULL ATTACKS CHILDREN AND FATHER" THEY MANAGED TO GET AWAY, AND THE FATHER STRUGGLED WITH THE DOG UNTIL HE MANAGED TO SHOOT IT. THERE IS NO HOPE FOR REHABILITATING THIS HORRIBLE MONSTER PITBULL. THEY WILL BE EUTHANIZING IT SHORTLY. HURRAH!

The dog was probably a golden or a lab or something. That's why pit bulls get such a bad rep-between pits and rotties, they are the only dog breeds that get mentioned.

I just found the article, it was a boxer. So yeah, I proved my point.
    http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBPB23EHGE.html

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    I just found the article, it was a boxer. So yeah, I proved my point.
    http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBPB23EHGE.html
    Ughhh!! The headline reads "Man Shoots Neighbor's Dog After It Chases His Children", but if it were a Pit it would have read "Man Shoots Neighbor's Pit Bull After It Chases His Children" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

facebook

The attitude of the Pitbull has been bred into them for years and years. Pitbull's are one of the most unpredictable breeds out there.

The Pitbull was "selectively" bred for hundreds of years to fight other dogs. This is the sad "work" these dogs were created for. In the same way that Labradors were bred to retrieve birds, Pitbulls were bred to face other dogs in mortal combats. Even in Pitbulls that are not recently bred from fighting lines, the urge to fight can arise at any time. Not to strongly emphasize this fact would be negligant.

I am not against banning Pitbulls, nor am I for it. But they serve no direct purpose to us. Why let them kill, maul and ruin children's, family's lives?

I can't say I would be upset if they banned them.

"But they serve no direct purpose to us" Explaination:
    Border Collies - herding, and can be used in things such as herding, agility, flyball..

Golden Retrievers - wonderful family pets, loyal, good with kids

Beagles - hunting

Pitbulls - nothing directly, for now, they have taken to mauling and killing

Pitbulls are known to be good as family dogs, and guard dogs.. BUT.. so many people in the world are so undereducated about them. NO ONE can change that. There will always be those with the breed who have no understanding whatsoever. Just like there's no such thing as world peace.

Just my two cents, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Love4BCs
    Border Collies - herding, and can be used in things such as herding, agility, flyball..

Beagles - hunting

Pitbulls can do all of the stuff you listed up there. And much more....

Quote Originally Posted by Love4BCs
    The attitude of the Pitbull has been bred into them for years and years. Pitbull's are one of the most unpredictable breeds out there.

The Pitbull was "selectively" bred for hundreds of years to fight other dogs. This is the sad "work" these dogs were created for. In the same way that Labradors were bred to retrieve birds, Pitbulls were bred to face other dogs in mortal combats. Even in Pitbulls that are not recently bred from fighting lines, the urge to fight can arise at any time. Not to strongly emphasize this fact would be negligant.

I am not against banning Pitbulls, nor am I for it. But they serve no direct purpose to us. Why let them kill, maul and ruin children's, family's lives?

I can't say I would be upset if they banned them.

Beagles - hunting

Pitbulls are known to be good as family dogs, and guard dogs.. BUT.. so many people in the world are so undereducated about them. NO ONE can change that. There will always be those with the breed who have no understanding whatsoever. Just like there's no such thing as world peace.

Just my two cents, my opinion.
    Okay then. Let's ban Border Collies, only people that have farms can have them. They have to be muzzled at all times, because they are herding dogs and they nip. They can only be offleash when herding, at all other times they must be in a pen or tied on a heavy chain. They are much too hyper to be a family dog, and they nip at children. So now, are you okay with that? Because you don't have a purpose for your border collie, we're going to let the government go in, take your dog, and throw it in the incinerator. Okay?