Thread: Scared of Prism

Scared of Prism

Well, last night was it - I have to admit now that I'm genuinely afraid of my Rainbow Boa, Prism.

He's gotten SO aggressive!!! Last night I was trying to pet him and all he did was keep swinging around trying to bite me. I can tell he senses my fear. It's not a good sign.

I don't know what I can do to change this - but I'm going to attempt picking him up more often and forcing myself to conquer the nervous feeling I get when approaching him. I know he can probably pick up on the smell of it..

Ugh. Wish me luck...
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

doesn't sound good - time to let go perhaps?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Well, good luck. That's really unfortunate. I wouldn't get rid of him though, just because of one obstacle. That'd be like wanting to get rid of Methos, my dog, every time he chews something up. My friend went through this with his iguana. One day the iguana started hissing, thrashing and biting, every time he'd stick his hand in there. It's odd, because days prior to this, the iguana was so friendly and would sit in your lap contently. Well, he worked with the iguana for a couple of months, taking it very, very slowly. The iguana returned to it's normal self, eventually and is very sweet again. Good luck! Keep us updated.
    .Dante [Nanday Conure] .Sebastian [Cockatiel] .Draven [Sun Conure] .Noel [Cockatiel] .Zues [Cockatiel]

.Sascha [Pit Bull X] .Coltrane [Doberman] .Maggie [Weimaraner] (Newest addition )

I don't have any intentions of getting rid of him, but it's something I have got to overcome for sure. I just hope I can get over the nervousness when I get near him. I'm sure it'll all work out eventually - even if I get bitten a few times in the process...
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Rainbow boas can be that way. We have one and she scares the crap out of my husband sometimes, other times she is great to handle. Go slowly and don't make alot of quick movements. Is there something in his environment that could be making him mad? Hungry, not warm/cool enough, too dry?
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Yeah, I have a really hard time keeping the humidity up - I need to fix my misting system - it broke on me. I've been misting him by hand with a squirt bottle...

And I think he's getting hungry too.. I'll feed him tonight, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

after you feed him let it pass or maybe feed him double id wait a day then start petting him and wat not, my corn snake is really bad latley too i dont spray his tank though they said he dont need it your so lucky you get to own a huge snake mines kinda big about 5 feet but i want a big fat boa, but i dont wanna feed it rabbits...can you feed them chickens?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

One of our Colombian Red-tailed Boas gets like that. Justin handles her, but I won't. He has snake hooks and big thick leather gloves in case he needs them. I don't think he's ever used the gloves, but he has used the hooks.

Good luck
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by buttercup132
    i want a big fat boa, but i dont wanna feed it rabbits...can you feed them chickens?
    We feed our boas rats. Rabbits aren't necessary.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Sounds like he has an injury or medical probem. Do you know the methods of detaching a snake thats latched its teeth onto you? I've heard several but I'd have to say that keeping a bucket of warm water nearby to pour on him is the most humane I've heard.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton