Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what I brought home! *Cuteness Warning*

Look what I brought home! *Cuteness Warning*

I haven't mentioned it yet because I wasn't sure how things would work out but I recently started working at our "No Kill" shelter. Due to the financial status of the shelter and for me I'm not sure how permenant this will be. I'm already getting into trouble!

Unfortunately URI and pnuemonia are running rampant right now and there are so many sick cats. It's spreading and getting worse by the day.

This little guy was found several weeks ago in a box on the shelter porch. His back leg was broken. He was checked by the vet, casted, and kept at the shelter. Due to some real bad advice from a former employee he was kept in a cage with no litter box!! How stupid is that???? She told volunteers that the vet said because of his cast he couldn't have litter!!! So the poor little fellow had to do his business in the cage and drag his cast through it.

When I first saw this I contacted the vet immediately who was blown away by the stupidity of the former employee. His cast was soaked in urine and he stunk to high heavens! When the vet came in his cast was immediately removed, I cleaned him up, and put a litter box in his cage. He smelled so bad we all almost threw up trying to get the cast off of him. He was so happy to have a place to go potty!!! Poor baby!

Now, he is one of the very few kittens that's not sick so I decided to bring him home so hopefully he will stay well. I feel like he's had enough to deal with in his very short little life.

His name through the shelter is Sunshine but I don't like that at all. It sounds too girly.
    He is currently in my cage here and having a ball! He has to stay cage bound until his leg heals completely. He has been playing like a little madman through the bars with all my Brats and he is loving it! So are the Brats!

Are you ready for some very serious cuteness???

I LOVE this pose!

You can tell how hard the move from the shelter to our house was on him. He's not relaxed at all!!!

Yes, I'm supposed to be fostering him so go ahead Catnapper and lay it on me! I deserve whatever you can throw at me when it comes to fostering 101! It just had to be an orangie boy didn't it????

Oh my gosh! SO CUTE!!!!

Cuteness warning

Hi Catcrazylady! Boy, is that cuteness warning an understatement or what? And what a lucky little guy to find YOU! Any chance that Sunshine will join your brat squad?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

OH MY GOSH!!! If he isn't a dollbaby then I don't know what is!! What a precious face he has and I swear his orangeness does not affect me at all. Lisa - catnapper IS going to have a great time teasing you but I suspect you will not care a bit. This little fellow is going to thrive under your care I know it!! Great news that the brats are already wanting to play and he just looks so darn happy and cute.

You are hopeless you know? Hopelessly crazy but you already knew that. He looks like a Picasso to me. Dennis says he looks like a Dennis with his red hair!!

What a doll baby! Boy was he lucky to fall into your hands! Are you keeping him?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I refuse to answer any "Am I keeping him" questions until Catnapper has had her fun with me. I picked on her for so long about failing fostering that I think she is entitled to a little *get even*.

My *intention* is to foster but darn he's cute!!!

So no more cast for Sunny?

He looks great, thanks for helping him, it's worth it.

He is sooooooooooo cute
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

No more cast for him Rose. He is on cage rest for quit awhile. I do carry him around and show him things since he can't get out and explore. He has been alone for so long now that he is used to it and is very entertained by exchanging paw swats with Rosco and sniffing noses through the cage. He thinks he now has the coolest Cat TV!

He is so tird that he can't hold his eyes open but he doesn't want to miss any move made by one of the brats. He really is having a lot of fun. Hopefully soon he will be healed enough that he can come out and play.

You forgot to mention that PINK nose with all that orangeness.. I am......

MELTING !!!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Awwwww! He's so adorable. I'm a big sucker for orangies too.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Wow! He's gorgeous! I want an orangie, all this orangeness is too much for a cat-less girl!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Since catnapper hasn't done so I will. Sure he's a foster!!!!!!!
    All that orangeness yep he's a foster ummmmm ok sure.

ROTFLMBO!!! Why pull MY good fostering name into this?

How much fun should I have with this? What could I say or do to her? Hmmmm... the choices, the options!

Is this one a "foster"? Yeah, right. I'll go ahead and say it: Everyone please welcome the newest CCL kitty. All I know is his name will not begin with a "P"... which is sad, because he SO looks like a Parker. Or perhaps a Pedro? Pedro sounds nice with Rosco. The O's can double team in nawteeness. Rosco has lots to teach him about picking on Leroy and knocking down trees, but I think he's man enough for the job by now.

I think they gave her the job only because they knew she'd walk home with a new cat each week. And pretty soon they'd have no more cats left in the shelter. Yup, I think thats what they did!

Man.... I have such a bad reputation here! For the record, Angel and Flutter are still officially fosters. I AM going to attempt to find them homes! I SWEAR! No matter how much I love those girls and am already plotting my "litterbox issue" story to prospective adoptors I get NO respect around here!

PS: Sorry it took me so long -- I was watching a moive! Go figure the night I'm not online playing something big happens!

hooooowww
    cute
    is he??????????????
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..