Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visitors!

Visitors!

So I'm driving to work and cross the highway and look north. As I do, I see two little babies running back and forth ACROSS the highway! I was terrified and circled back around to try to do something. I stopped in front of Walgreens and got out. They were scared to death of me and of everything. Two more ladies stopped and we managed to get them away from the highway, but they kept trying to make a break for it and get abck up there. A man stopped and helped us and the 4 of us got them backed up against a fence under a tree on the other side of a ravine (shoes are ruined ) and I crawled under a bush hoping no one would sink their teeth in me.

I got "Little Bit" (as we're calling her) first and then reached in for "Momma" who was much more reserved and I was sure would bite me. Been bit a few times as a groomer, and really didn't want to get bit again, but I closed one eye and grabbed her!

Got them both in a crate at home and flew out the door to work an hour late!

Anyway no tags or chips, but the animal shelter has our info, so hopefully their owners will call soon.

They got baths and Frontline (had fleas!) and have had a greenie and a bully stick. Even Millie likes these gals! I was afraid she and "Momma" would get into it, but "Momma" barked at her once and Millie's left her alone since. LOL

Here's a couple of pics of our guests:

Momma:

Little Bit:

Aww they are both so cute! That's nice that people stopped to help you catch them. Good luck finding their owner, it's a shame that more peope don't bother to chip their pets.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

They are cute, and very lucky that you grabbed them!

Aww they're both adorable!Good luck on finding the owners

They're both beautiful! I love dapple Dachshunds I hope you'll be able to get them back to their family, good luck

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Awwwwww!! They are soooo cute!! Someone must really be missing them. Thanks for catching them and taking such good care of them. They look pretty happy and content now

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

aww. They are adorable. I really hope their owners find them. Thanks for picking them up. You deserve blessings. Keep up updated. I really guess that they belonged to someone and they got out or something cause they look healthy as that goes.

aaawwwwww
    kudos to you Micki!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

aww they are adorable and good thing you saved them because they could of gotten hurt!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

OMG I'm glad you got those two They must of been so scared! Are you sure there were only two, I hope there isn't more still left out there.

I hope there owners find them!

It is so great that you took the time to catch these cuties and to give them a safe place to stay. They certainly do look like they have made themselves at home.

Oh Micki bless you! I can't even bear to think what might have happened to them. They certainly look like they are comfortable in your home and even quite used to having their pictures taken. I do believe they are posing! That tells me that there is probably a very concerned human out there somewhere wringing their hands, and they will soon be claimed. Otherwise, I think you might soon have 5 pupsters in your signature!

Both with no collars! I'm just wondering if they weren't dumped on that highway and that is why they wanted to go back there.
    Have you called the local police station? Around here people will often report a missing or found dog to the police.

These are certainly two darling little pups who should have no problem finding a good home if they need one. What sweeties.

A big thank you from me for saving their lives. You are a hero.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Originally posted by Rachel
    Both with no collars!
    Rachel, Bella doesn't wear a collar around the house when I'm not here. The reason is that years ago my Ashley got her jaw caught in Whitney's collar and was actually hanging from her collar. Thank God I was home! I don't want to take a chance of that happening again. Bella is not one to dart out the door so I don't really worry about her taking off.

I do keep a collar on Ripley 24/7 since if he got out he would probably wind up as a stray again (no collar on him at the shelter where I found him) since he gets caught up in his wandering and smells and would soon find himself very lost all over again.

Anyway no tags or chips

Maybe their owners don't deserve to find them if they can be bothered to even do this for them!!!

Thank you for helping these dear little dogs - perhaps we should club together to replace your ruined shoes!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk