Thread: Something to think about

Something to think about

Bravo to you for adopting this beautiful cat, nursing him back to survival and keeping him safe. I know not everyone will agree, but frankly I don't care. MOST cats should not be allowed outside anymore, except, if absolutely necessary, on a leash. Sure they won't like it at first BUT they also don't like being hit by cars, have their little paws burned by pesticides, shot with pellet guns, poisoned by people who don't want them on their properties, stolen by companies who test products on animals (need I go on???). I cannot understand how anyone could think it is safe to let a small defenseless (claws or no claws) animal out alone considering a larger animal, like a dog, is not left outside roaming the streets. I work for a large no kill animal shelter and am sickened by the atrocities these special friends of ours endure. Please think about it next time you let your beloved cat outside, unprotected and defenseless. Don't take the chance of having your cat shown on a "Lost" poster. When I was a little girl one of my furry friends, Whisper, was killed by a car. I was too young to be able to stop my parents from letting the cats out - don't let your children suffer the heartache that I did and will never forget.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

You are right

Lotsa people looked at this post but I am apparently the first to respond. You are dead right about keeping cats inside and also sterilizing your pets whenever possible. Let's hope more people will heed these words.

Take care,
    MARTHA and Julie ("Mee-ow!")
    The California Calico Princess
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."