View Poll Results: How would you feel if you were picked for a random search?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • No problem, But I still don't feel safe

12 17.65%
  • No problem, It's some kind of a deterrent

30 44.12%
  • It's a problem to me!

10 14.71%
  • I really don't care

19 27.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "I feel violated..."

PCB are you aware in London they are now able to do random checking of anyone who looks Asian, so how do you feel about that? I can well understand how you would feel, however I am all for it, but not just Asian people , everyone, if it helps to stop terriorism in any way so be it, If it were a NZ who did the bombing and every NZ er was stopped from now on, I would not at all be offended, however I can understand how some people would be.,Personally if it helps to save lives I would not give a damn.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    Personally if it helps to save lives I would not give a damn.
    You don't need to give a damn as you aren't one who would be picked on. For those of us who have that 'eastern look', it is worrisome. You can't save lives by killing other innocent lives. Two wrongs do not make a right. Did you hear about that Brazillian the police in London KILLED? They KILLED him. They could have shot him in the leg if they had doubts, yet they chose to shoot him numerous times, and took his life. And he had NOTHING to do with the attacks. How do you feel about that? To kill someone's innocent son, brother, grandson, nephew. How would you feel if it was YOUR relative? I am not pointing that question out at you, Carol......just giving everyone something to think about. If it was your child who was killed for committing no crime whatsoever, you would know how it feels. Just because YOU are not really at risk of being picked on is not a reason 'not' to give a damn. I personally am just about sick of everything going on in the world, in the East and the West. Unfortunately, it is almost always the innocent who are killed, no matter where they are, while the evil criminals keep getting away with things. Why should the innocents be punished??? Even in Iraq, it is mostly the innocent civilians that have been killed. Accidental or not, loss of innocent life is never right and always something to grieve over. They have feelings, lives, and love their children and families just as much as we all do.

I WANT the world to be safe, but I want the CRIMINALS to be punished. Not those who have nothing to do with anything going on! They need to check EVERYONE. EVERYONE. Not pick on certain ethnicities! What if they are busy 'randomly' checking an innocent person, while someone with bad intentions goes unnoticed? Randomly checking is stupid because they're not checking everyone. They could easily be checking the wrong person, and missing someone they were supposed to check.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 08-01-2005 at 04:34 PM.

PCB I was just as appalled at the shooting of the innocent Brazilian man as you, terrible indeed, I guess you have a real point, the fact is I really am not in your shoes, I can only say how I think I would react, if they were picking on my race, I might feel differently, however they interviewed some Muslims who agreed with the decision of the london police, so not everyone shares your view.

I did state that EVERYONE should be checked not just Asian people, I guess that is what is called discrimination.

I certainly did not mean any disrespect or offence to you personally, so sorry if it came across that way, I just think we have to take every precaution possible in these times, even if it means going to these lengths, that is just my view. Desperate times call for Desperate measures.
    Last edited by carole; 08-01-2005 at 04:51 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Lizbud
    A local newsite is running a poll with the question,

Should police officers use racial profiling to target Middle Easterners when searching bags of those who use subways,
    buses, etc.? Using a yes or no vote. So far, about 5000 people
    have voted and it's 79% yes & 21% no. I was pretty surprised,
    but with the way things are going all over the world, maybe I
    shouldn't be.
    ------------

I had a middle eastern come into my work place a couple weeks ago. Some how we started chatting. Then he got into the topic of being searched at the airport.

He said him & his son will be stopped up to 5 times/airport. He said he feels much safer with the police searching his race. he sad saddly its my race that is doing alot of there terrorest attacks. he said he moved to Canada to feel safe & live safe.

He said he feels VERY safe in canada & will NEVER put up a fight or question any officer who wants to search him. He said he has nothing to hide.

I have 1 question about this random search. Do the offices ask to do the search or do they say, hey u, open ur bag now, kind of deal?

Cause here in Canada, unless they have a warrent, an officer can only "ask" to search. If u say no, then they can arrest u & wait for a warrent as long as there is probable cause. No probable cause no search.

So id the officers in this topic r asking u to allow thenm to do a search, then there is nothing wrong with it. cause u can say no. if its forced on u, well, I personally could careless aslong as I catch my bus & they don't break my stuff.

We just returned last night from a weekend trip to NYC. We were there from Friday until Monday and of course, took public transportation including numerous ferries, buses and of course the subway. There were police officers stationed at every entrance to the subway as well as on all the different ferries that we took. There were 4 of us in our group. One of our friends was stopped and searched, a white male of about 27 yrs old. He was the only one of us carrying a backpack. An officer did ask to look into my purse on one of the ferries.
    I saw people of all nationalities and ages being searched while we were there for the long weekend. The only common denominator was that they were carrying a bag of some sort, a backpack, a large shopping bag, a laundry bag/cart.

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Richard....I'm not sure where bedroom peeking came into the discussion...

Now that you have explained to me that the Unibomber, for example, was a wuss for not blowing himself up and is therefore, not a threat to the safety of the country I feel so much better. I guess that goes for the guy who planted the bomb at the Atlanta Olympics as well?

If we require all a young man 20-25 of Middle Eastern descent. Student, on a visa, seriously religious to wear a green cresent on their outer garments it would make identification easier.

The idea was tried once before....and quite effective too!
    Joker? You?

You carry yourself in a regal manner.....I'da thunk you'd be the Queen in the deck!

----------------------------------------

I am not the most savory looking character.
    I grew up in a neighborhood where if you were a young Mexican male you were hassled no matter what.

Trust me, I have been stopped, hassled, checked out about 20 times in my life. Why?

Either I was stupid, in the wrong place or of the wrong ethnic description.

It didn't hurt me one bit....

People that get hassled should not blame the police/authorities..

THEY SHOULD BLAME THE MORONS THAT PUT THEM IN THE SPOTLIGHT..

--------------------

Here in Los Angeles they have a saying that the LAPD uses....

they pull people over for DRIVING WHILE BLACK.....DWB...

The people in the car get all stupid and instead of turning their derision on the bad guys, they get all stupid with the cops, get their arses whooped on and claim racism..

------------------------------

I introduced the BR peeking into the discussion..

It usually follows the, "I don't want to government looking into my computer or bedroom.."

If you aren't bright enough to pull the curtains when you fornicate, you shouldn't fornicate.

Maybe a six foot dinghy is in order???

---------------------------------

As far as the 'green crescent' idea goes (Hey, like the Green Lantern or the "S" on Superman's chest???) an idiot back in the 1930's tried that......He also gassed them along with a few other groups....the Hungarian gypsys, gays, people of mixed parents and people with birht defects....

Laws yes......THAT action didn't last too long, the world banded together and kicked his arse off the planet....Poor Eva Braun, she got mixed up with the wrong guy..

---------------------------------------

Theodore "Ted" Kaczinski (sp?) was the Unabomber.
    Timothy "MeatHead Wuss" was the OK City Bomber.
    This Atlanta Olympics Bombing guy, Rudolph, was bombing abortion clinics too.....

I love religion..

--------------------------

Need I remind everyone that Rosa Parks "blew up" on a bus in the 1950's. Her explosion led to a whole different kind of war.

-------------------------

The Tokyo gas attacks and the OKC bombing show that the feds need to be looking at everyone...

But some people need some special attention....

Those damn Nepali Albino Midgets are a sneaky bunch...

I really do feel for the innocent muslim people who have done no wrong, unfortunately it is a sign of our times, the bad always spoil it for the good in every case, it is just a fact of life,sad as it is.
    Furangels only lent.