Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jasper is VERY sick !!

Jasper is VERY sick !!

My guinea pig Jasper is VERY sick!! I will be taking him to a vet in half an hour;
    I am so afraid that he is dying.... . His eyes look weird and wet, his fur is all dirty instead of nice and clean, he doesn't drink or eat. Normally he goes nuts for some fresh salad leafs, or a carrot. Now, he doesn't even come out of his little wooden shelter. he is making weird noises too.....
    My poor baby, please don't die, you are much to young and dear to me!!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Poor baby Jasper. I hope the vet can make you feel better.

The vet said he didn't look very well; but he couldn't find anything specific, but a diarhea . As Jasper is already 3; the coming 2 days will be crucial. First I have to force-feed him. I bought a little bottle with babyfood (fruits, and lots of vitamins). I have to inject this with a syringe into his troat. Poor boy . Then same thing with a syring filled with water, enriched with vitamin C. Jasper also got some antibiotics. He HAS TO get better in 2 days, or he cannot be saved.... . Please, keep my sweety in your thoughts!!

We just had a first feeding-session! He did well and swallowed half of the food. My lab...... is all dirtywith spilt food and ... "stuff" from his butt... . I had a towel on my lab, but he moved so much , so the towel fell on the ground.... ! Oh well, my skirt is in the washer already
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Poor little Jasper. Hope he makes it!

Will be sending good thoughts and keep my fingers crossed.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Poor Jasper. It's hard when they're not feeling well. I hope it's only temporary.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I just had a look, and he is stillinside his "hiding house". He did not drink nor eat... ; Guess I will have to "force-feed" him again this evening . I hate to hurt that sweetie, but it is for his own good.....

Come on Jasper, you can get better! I Know you can!

Oh Lut. I was at your website this morning, believe it or not and was going to ask you about Jasper and Billie since we don't hear as much about them.

I do hope Jasper will be ok. We will keep you both in our prayers.

Logan

I just gave Jasper his second "treatment". He did much better! Of course, he still hates being forced, but he didn't spill as much as the first time, and swallowed most of it! Come on Jasper, make mommy happy and get better soon. Mommy loves you so much

I am sorry that your Jasper is sick, Lut But - force feeding him may be just what it takes to make him feel so much better. I doubt that it hurts him even though he may not like it!!

Get better soon little Jasper!

Come on Jasper, I am praying for you.

Here are few pics taken last night, with the cats around too!

my poor sick boy

look sis, that rat is in our box!!

lemme see!!

listen, Jasper, this is just a "one-time-event" okay? That box is MINE!!

Jasper seems to be a little bit better today. Runs around a bit. But still no drinking or eating....

Oh Lut, I hope Jasper is getting better and better!
    I had two Guinea pigs and I know how these animals can be loving and cute and very talkative with humans!

He is getting better! When Sonia was here yesterday, he even came out of his hidyhole; This morning I saw him eating hay!! Yippie, my sweety Jasper is better!!
    Let's hope he dosn't get a relapse; that would be dramatic for him

Such good news!