Thread: Need kitten help for Sister

Need kitten help for Sister

My sister has taken in a kitten to get it out of the Florida heat, that a neighbor had took in that belonged to a feral Mama in the complex where they live. It is LOADED with fleas, what can she bath little Charlie in that will not harm him and get rid of the fleas? Anybody have any suggestions? I am to call her back when I get a answer...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Check on PetSmart's site under flea control/bath for cats. They have some really good products. www.petsmart.com
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

IF YOU PUT HER,IN LUKEWARM WATER,A LOT,OF THE FLEAS,WILLDROWN RIGHT AWAY,AND YOU CAN USE THE REVOLUTION DROPS,TO GET THE REST.IF YOU BUY,THE KITTEN FORMULA,THAT IS.
    GOOD LUCK,WITH THAT LITTLE BABY.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I used Dawn dishwashing liquid on Rosco and Abigail. It really helped but nothing will get them all like Advantage. Lot's of people use a drop or two on kittens.
    Tell her thank you for taking on the babies!!! She must be like you.

Our vet told us to use Lemon Joy to get rid of fleas on little ones. We used it on Archy & Binky and it worked! If they're really bad, you might have to repeat the process.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I've sworn by Advantage for years now...even tiny ones can get a drop or two without any harm. Many shelters use it for flea infested babies. It sure beats them dying from anemia. What happened to the rest of the kittens I wonder?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I think this is some good advise. I don't have anything else to offer.

Just make sure your sis gets the baby to the vet if the kitten shows any sides of anemia.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

THANKS!! She is without transportation and out of the Advantage because that was the first thing I told her, a few drops.. I told her I thought I had heard you could use Dawn or Pine Sol but couldn't remember for sure so let me ask you guys before I told her wrong.

There were 4 kitten and a neighbor had them in his shed and he found homes for all of them but Charlie. Little Charlie is the last one left. She can not keep him as she already has 3 and little Kiki, a poodle IN an apartment. She is just keeping him inside where it is cool until a home can be found. A gray tabby little affectionate male that loves a lap!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

No, No, No, Laura, never ever use Pine Sol. My goodness that is way to strong for a kitty.

I used Dawn on Poppy and Willy when I got them and it worked fine. But then I was able to get them to a vet within a day or two and they were treated with Revolution.

Bless your sister for taking in and caring for this widdle one.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010