Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets From The Past Visit Home As A Ghost

Pets From The Past Visit Home As A Ghost

I wouldn't have believed that I saw my 15 year old cat called Gus,if myb new cat Tigger hadn't seen him too. Tigger was laying on my lap. The hair on his back raised and my head turned to see what he was looking at. It was my old cat Gus showed up in a black and kind of white negitve form. He was smiling as to say he liked my new cat. And then he walked through the patio door and disappeared. Gee how I missed my Gus but I love my Tigger cat.
    Sandy Frost

I understand that for a week after Merlin had gone to the bridge I kept bagging his toys up and they would be out under the tv in the AM. It has stopped now but I think he is now teaching Dugan the tricks to getme to give treats.

corinna

Originally posted by Corinna
    I understand that for a week after Merlin had gone to the bridge I kept bagging his toys up and they would be out under the tv in the AM. It has stopped now but I think he is now teaching Dugan the tricks to getme to give treats.
    I think that Merlin id teaching Dungan his old tricks.
    Sandy Frost

I have RB Casey visit me every once in a while. I'll be in bed and it'll FEEL like a cat has hopped up on the bed, but nobody is there. I know it's him.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Strange...I never told anyone this, but after my old dog Lady died (aboout 10 years ago, I was living at my parents house at the time) there were a few times I could swear I saw her laying at the bottom of the stairs with her chin resting on the bottom stair lke she always did. I guess I just thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me, or that I missed her so much that I was imagining her there.

I wish she'd visit me now, I miss her SOO much still

moonsmom

Originally posted by moosmom
    I have RB Casey visit me every once in a while. I'll be in bed and it'll FEEL like a cat has hopped up on the bed, but nobody is there. I know it's him.
    RB Casey missed you and came to say hi.
    Sandy Frost

Jen BKR

Originally posted by JenBKR
    Strange...I never told anyone this, but after my old dog Lady died (aboout 10 years ago, I was living at my parents house at the time) there were a few times I could swear I saw her laying at the bottom of the stairs with her chin resting on the bottom stair lke she always did. I guess I just thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me, or that I missed her so much that I was imagining her there.

I wish she'd visit me now, I miss her SOO much still
    Cool Lady came to say hi to you. She loves you.
    Sandy Frost

I find this very interesting. My RB C-Fer passed away in November of 2000 and there were times when I was missing him so badly, that I could have sworn I felt him laying on my head in bed, where he use to sleep all the time. It brought comfort to me.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Originally posted by moosmom
    This happens to me on a nightly basis. I am sure it is just one of my girls now but they aren't there. My RB Mytsi slept with me every night. As long as I was in bed she was there. I would get in bed and get settled and that is when she would hop up on the bed. When she was deathly ill the last 2 days of her life she stayed on my pillow. I slept next to her and stayed with her 24/7. My hand was always on her or her paw on my hand. And every now and then when I am sleeping I will wake when I feel a paw on my hand but once again neither of my girls are there. I am sure Mytsi is always here.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I've had this happen a couple times. About six months after Hoodoo died, I was sitting outside reading when I saw him, as plain as day, run up our driveway. He ran up the road, looked at me and gave me his patented "hoodoo happy face" look, jumped over some logs at the side of the drive and vanished into the trees. I haven't seen him in the year since, but since that moment I have been able to better accept that he's ok, wherever he is now. I think he was stopping by to let me know that.

My husband believes that Hoodoo drops by to play with Earle fairly often. We sometimes see Earle playing by himself, but it looks like he's interacting with another dog.

Dominique was here a couple weeks ago. Every day of her life she knocked over the dogs' water bucket and climbed in to play in the water drops. Every day, several times a day! We could never leave any water in the bucket or Dom would cause a big mess. One night we were sitting in the living room when for no reason, the bucket fell over. None of the other cats were near it, it was on a perfectly flat surface. Through a few tears, I said hi to here and told her stop by anytime.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

My RB Benny stopped by and visited me the day we had to let him go (put him to sleep), he was sitting, and he looked at me and I blinked and he was gone.. He wanted to let me know he was OK, and he's happy now. I still miss that dog.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm sure my RB Rosie stops in now and then to see me. I thought I heard her bark several different times, I recognized her, and there's no other dogs close that sound like her. I've never "seen" her, but sometiimes while I'm in bed looking at her picture, I feel her come up to the bed and rest her chin on the edge of it like she always did on the couch. I always reach over an pat the air. it's only been 17 months since she was hit. I think since she left in such a hurry, maybe she's still hanging around. Gosh, I miss her. She was my girl.

rg garica

Originally posted by rg_girlca
    I find this very interesting. My RB C-Fer passed away in November of 2000 and there were times when I was missing him so badly, that I could have sworn I felt him laying on my head in bed, where he use to sleep all the time. It brought comfort to me.
    What a great story. And your cats and dog are handsome.
    Sandy Frost

cyber-sibes

Originally posted by cyber-sibes
    I'm sure my RB Rosie stops in now and then to see me. I thought I heard her bark several different times, I recognized her, and there's no other dogs close that sound like her. I've never "seen" her, but sometiimes while I'm in bed looking at her picture, I feel her come up to the bed and rest her chin on the edge of it like she always did on the couch. I always reach over an pat the air. it's only been 17 months since she was hit. I think since she left in such a hurry, maybe she's still hanging around. Gosh, I miss her. She was my girl.
    I think that id great your RB Rosie comes by to see. I know my cat left me in a hurry too. He was old and suffering and to be put down. Shortly after that I saw him a couple of times. When my sister and I were given to cats Gus came by a couple times and sort of smiled at me and the cats. I love it that he stopped by.
    Sandy Frost

My mom said that our RB Kitty Boy came and settled into bed with her one night. He had stomache cancer and had to be PTS. He was such a sweet kitty. All these stories bring tears to my eyes. I hope Duke visits me often after he's gone.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06