Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you that let your dogs sleep with you..

For those of you that let your dogs sleep with you..

What's your sleeping arrangement?

Lol, silly thread, but I'm just now talking to Robin about it over IM and I "drew" a picture explaining how my 3 and I sleep (when it's cool enough in the house)

Not very accurate, but close enough. Mind you, I have a very small twin sized bed... There's usually no part of me that isn't touching dog.

I invite Simba up first, he sleeps in the very corner (my bed is against my wall), usually takes up half of my pillow.
    Then I invite Kiara up and she lays below him. Then I scoot as close as I can to them without squishing them and invite Nala up. She usually takes up the whole side of the bed by herself.

This is only possible if the AC's cranking. I usually only have 1 or 2 (Usually Simba and always Kiara) still with me when I wake up. Simba and Nala sometimes go to their dog beds in my room.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Such a silly thread

Yep, I know how all those dogs can get a bit warm..lol. Since Alden is working nights both of mine will be sleeping with me also I can't draw a picture but I can tell you that Tori is usually at my feet and most times right on top of them. Katie stretches all out on her side and sleeps right beside me.

Gotta love dogs!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Finn usually sleeps on the floor somewhere in my room, now. That's only been for about three weeks or so, though. He used to always get up in the bed with me. I sometimes invite him up there, though, and, there's no telling where he'll sleep. He is very squirmy. He does stretch almost the entire length of the bed, though, and, is like having a person next to me. Right now, though, we're getting ready for bed, and, he's just dug up all the blankets I had layed out for him. They're all in one big pile and he's laying NEXT to them, straight on the carpeted floor. Weirdo.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Maggie will be under the covers usually curled up next to me against my back. Sadie will usually be under the covers laying against me on my front side. And then Jeff is on the other side of her, LOL. They usually end up moving around during the night but will stay on the bed. Sometimes Sadie gets out of the covers and lays at the foot of the bed, sometimes she's right next to me with her head on the pillow like a person. They never sleep next to each other under the covers. I always have a dog on each side of me. It does get warm but it's worth it.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I sleep on one side and Guapo has the whole other side of a queen sized bed to sleep on but he chooses to snuggle his little two pound body right next to me

When Leather was alive, she would sleep with me. She used to lay on her side right beside me and I'd lay on my side and put both my arm and a leg around her. She would just lay there and sleep. In the middle of the night, when I was sleeping, she would ever so quietly move to the floor. I'm a very light sleeper and the faintest noise or movement wakes me up, but never once in her whole life did she ever wake me up when she got off the bed, even though I was completely wrapped around her. I just loved that dog. I hope my next dog will be a cuddly sleeper too.

depends on the night lol I have a pet blanket on my bed for Misty and Ripley to sleep on preferably, just because they keep tracking bedding and such from the critters all over my bed, and its makes it so uncomfortable to sleep on shavings and rabbit and piggie pellets lol I dont mind a little dirt, but with 3 dogs running back and forth from the piggie room to my bed, it was getting too messy too fast. so I have a queen sized bed, and its in the corner of my room, I sleep along the wall and when Happy sleeps on my bed she steps over me so that she is on the side between me and wall, and she wraps herself around my head the pet blanky is right beside my head on the other side, Misty sleeps as close to my head as she can and curls up, Ripleyeither sleeps with Misty on the blanky or he curls up under my covers, curled up to me. when all 5 dogs sleep in my room, its a little differnt lol Happy always stays on the floor in that case and Misty stretches herself along my body, Ripley curls up under the covers behind my knees and Perky curls up under my covers up to my tummy, and Blair either finds a spot on my bed and sleeps on the floor, depends if Misty lets him on the bed or not lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Tango usually sleeps where you drew Nala and sometimes on my pillow, when it's really hot out though she usually ends up on the floor sometime during the night. Tia and Winston don't sleep with me, they sleep with my Mom.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

haha Funny thread!

Lately the animals haven't been sleeping on the bed 'cause its too hot. But I will attach an attempt at portraying what our bed looks like the rest of the year

Usually by morning, Malone hops down and prefers either the crate or the dog bed in our room. Emerson loves to be as close as possible. And Marigold usually will leave the room in the middle of the night, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Too cute! Lacey will sleep on the bed but Mandy gets too hot in the summer and will lay right near me on the floor.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

LOL! LOL! KayAnn and Anna I love your drawings! LOL! Bella and I usually sleep side by side (she even has a pillow under her head) and Ripley will sleep on the other side of me, and in the winter will go way deep under the covers (I worry about him getting enough air). Often when I wake up we are all in a totally different configuration.

Now that it is warmer, one or both of them sometimes will jump off the bed. Bella will sleep on the floor sprawled out and Ripley will go under the bed (don't know that it is cooler under there though. ).

Hmm.... Just noticed something .... Ripley is either under the covers or under the bed. Is there a pattern here? LOL!

I sleep on my right side and gracie sleeps in the crook of my legs...she doesn't budge all night so I best get comfy first..lol

My husband sleeps on the right side of the bed, I'm on the left. Jada sleeps right by my head she has to have part of the pillow. Diamond sleeps at my husbands feet. Ebony sleeps in her crate in our bedroom. We have a queen size bed, so we are really crowded. My poor husband ends up on the couch half the time.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Cool thread!
    Beenie has slept in the bed with us since day one.
    I usually get her butt and my husband gets her head.
    She sometimes sleeps like a person tummy side up with her head on the pillow.

me beenie my husband

Usually it's just me and Zeus, and Zeus usually sleeps at the foot of my bed. Mackenzie's too big, and Muffin sleeps with my mom.